cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back to a travel trailer

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, after two years dealing with a Keystone fifth wheel, we bit the bullet and traded it for a new Outdoor RV travel trailer. Shucks, what's money anyway?
Now, we have an Andersen fifth wheel hitch for sale, and are learning how much room a fifth wheel has for storage. Finding how to repack into a smaller space.
Looking forward to having our truck bed back too.
11 REPLIES 11

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
ORV and Northwood are the only two RVs I will consider when it comes time for a replacement.

Why? They build their own frames instead of using frames from Lippert that look like scrap metal. LOL
Bob

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
TT camping can become very active camping :B. We carry bikes, kayaks, dog kennel, river tubes, BBQ pit in the bed of our truck. I have to get creative at times.

Enjoy your new TT.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
We traded in our 33 foot 5th wheel 2 years ago for a 29 foot TT. The up and down to the bed and bath were bothering my wifeโ€™s hips. As well, heat rises and got too warm up there. Put a tonneau cover on the truck and pack whatever we need. Winter 6 months in Yuma and love the one level.

Ashbourne
Explorer
Explorer
All though Iโ€™m from the other side of the Atlantic, I have also just returned to a British built TT(caravan).
In 2011 we purchased an American 5th wheel, it was the start of 7 years of never ending problems, to name a few.
1. Decals that cracked and peeled. 2. Sodden carpets when travelling in rain. 3. Slide floors rotting due to poor or non existent weather proofing. 4. Leaking shower dome.
In Europe we all complain about the quality of all rvโ€™s when buying new, but it pales into insignificance in my case compared to those of the USA.
I have now sold the 5th wheel at a considerable loss and replaced it with a UK caravan, it comes with a 3yr manufacturers warranty on parts, and 10yrs on water ingress.
I write this not to start.a โ€œmines better than yoursโ€ argument, but just to state my own expierence.
I wish you all the very best and happy travels

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on your ORV. It is a great choice. I'm thinking my next RV will also be a bumper pull and most likely an ORV. The runner ups are Arctic Fox and Grand Design. Good Luck!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
:B We just cleaned our TT out for no reason other than 'cleaning it out' . It's unbelievable how much useless stuff we had jammed into places we forgot we had.
I'm surprised there isn't an RV APP for our phones to tell us "NOPE-you don't need to bring that" .
They monitor everything else we do, why not packing ?

I should shut up and not give anybody any ideas ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck with your TT.
Nice unit .

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought a Timber Ridge 24RKS. It has about 80 gallons fresh water, 80 gallons grey, and 40 black-10 gallon water heater-nice two person layout, and seems to be pretty well constructed. This one has a "off road package" that has Mor Ride, wet bolts, and 16 inch Goodyear tires. It sits very level behind our 2016 Ram 2500 4WD.
After two years sitting in a slide area that sloped, it's really great to sit level for a change. I can't say how happy we are that the 2016 Cougar is gone. We had it in the shops more then we had time inside of it. Whew!
At this point, the only drawback I can find is the galley grey tank is a separate sewer connection. There is a mod posted on the owners forum that fixes that pretty easily.
We called the local Spokane dealer about our buying a new unit (left a message on the voicemail), but they never returned the call. From what we have been told, the limited production of Outdoor RV makes them a hot item, so maybe the dealer didn't have any..?
Now we have to purchase a new spare tire cover that reads "LIFE IS GOOD."

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new rig. I recently did the same thing, never towed a travel trailer, always a fifth-wheel. Took me 3 weeks to get stuff in the TT and at that, it all never did go in. But, I like the 26' TT and it tows great. I full-time in it.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Which model ORV did you get?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks but now there's is less tree trimmer around?? . Congrats on new purchase.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 38โ€™ fiver and Iโ€™m considering selling and getting a smaller TT. Easier to get around and such. I know what you mean with less storage! Iโ€™ll probably put a topper on my TV to make up for the storage Iโ€™ll lose from the fiver.
Good luck with your transition.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo