cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to get chassis work for Ford Allegro

johnc_marilyn
Explorer
Explorer
General RV does not do chassis work. I live in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. Where can I get work done on the chassis?
6 REPLIES 6

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
www.rvservicereviews.com
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just thought of another information resource. If you have emergency roadside assistance give them a call and ask where they would tow you from your current location if you had a chassis problem.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
Dale.Traveling wrote:
Ford Commercial Truck Service Center Search.

Enter a zip code and select "Motorhome Class A" in the Vehicle Serviced list. For the lower peninsula it looks like Mount Pleasant is closest if you want to stick with Ford. Call ahead to verify before making a drive.

Definitely call and ask if they work on RV's. That website is very misleading. I JUST did this for a recall and other work that needed to be done on my F53. After calling 6 different Ford Dealers listed as "RV Service" on that website finally found ONE that actually worked on them. I just kept working from closer to further away.

When I asked them why FORD had them listed as RV Service Centers the service dept managers had no idea.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford Commercial Truck Service Center Search.

Enter a zip code and select "Motorhome Class A" in the Vehicle Serviced list. For the lower peninsula it looks like Mount Pleasant is closest if you want to stick with Ford. Call ahead to verify before making a drive.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Freightliner service centers work on the Ford F-53 chassis here in the South West, see if any near you and call them, they are high priced, $125 a hr but they do know the F-53 chassis very well..

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What age coach/chassis?

What do you need done?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/