cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well.....it’s in the drive way now!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Well here she is 2011 Forest river stealth fs2612 Limited.

We were dead set on the 2018 forest river sandstorm 251GSLC. We tried to negotiate with two dealers and one said nope not happening we have the best price around at 36k. Second dealer said best we can do OTD is 40k. I honestly didn’t feel like biting the bullet and just paying the full asking price they wanted. A lil negotiating would of been cool, but nooooo. At this point I just tell Nicole we will wait it out,
No rush as we want to make the right purchase and feel happy about the deal. What else to do with a naked drive way, I hit up craigslist. My search was all CA,AZ,NV,OR. And Texas since my in laws live there. We really didn’t find anything that met
Our wants, and if I did find it, it was I coregated siding which is a deal breaker for me. For the next few days I was sharking CL - I did a local search but in the general search bar instead of RVs and Came across this stealth. I like what I read in the description and it was only 20 mins away. I was a lil hesitant to present an older used trailer to Nicole, but I told her and I
Said we will just look, but if you like it and it checks out I’m fine with used if you are. Well we pull up and she sees a dirty trailer and
First words were nope we’re not buying that. I said well it can be cleaned and polished out no problem let’s see what it’s about. Lo and behold the inside is immaculate, and she agrees - she likes it! STOKED!!!

For those watching the new vs used thread this is a perfect example of used is not a bad thing if your patient enough. We
Went from 2013 Pacific coachworks powelite 19’ to this. You don’t get everything you want but the pros out weight the cons for us.

Pros:
1 Owner (custom order in 2011)
No toys ever loaded, ever!
Solar
Fiberglass siding
On board gen (only 56 hours)
Aluminum framing
105 gallon water tank
36gallon fuel tank
9 good size windows
Dry weight 6200#s
Bigger kitchen
$18,000 - $23,000 In savings (now the RZR is up for sale ) 🙂 upgrade time!!

I like the lighter wood interios, I don’t care too much for the newer dark and grey ones.

Cons:
Manual awning
Fuel station is on curb side
No bed room door (has curtain)
Smaller bathroom
96” wide compared to 102” wide
Needs a buff and polish (I’m dreading it)
Only two stabilizers (rear) I need to add two in the front
No black tank flush out (have to run hose to toilet )
No ladder

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
51 REPLIES 51

dedmiston
Nice. Did you have to saw the holes?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon undersink mount soap dispensers came in, one In te kitchen one in the restroom.

Just lift the top up and refill easy peasy

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
Looking good bro!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
New rear LED lights work great.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Can’t forget the surge protector - all wired up and no codes 🙂

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Added two Maxx air II vents - when I placed my order on Amazon I thought I selected white but I guess I didn’t and these black ones came in. it can be good or bad but they keep the inside of the trailer a lil darker.

Switched out the rear lighting to small led light bars X10 brighter 🙂

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
Just finished up the Lippert shock kit, have 1 more axle to do and the wet bolt kit. I was going to add the Mor ryde cre3000 but still unsure.

How hard was the shock kit to install? My TH had shocks, the new 5er does not and it bounces a lot.

It’s easy, just remove the u bolts and plate, add the new u bolts and mounting plate. The top mounting brackets require drilling to the frame. Just a PITA working in the drive way under the trailer.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
Just finished up the Lippert shock kit, have 1 more axle to do and the wet bolt kit. I was going to add the Mor ryde cre3000 but still unsure.

How hard was the shock kit to install? My TH had shocks, the new 5er does not and it bounces a lot.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
****! You're ON IT dude!

Congrats on making it "yours". Going to get some pics and get started on our new one this weekend too.

Nice! Can’t wait to see it.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
****! You're ON IT dude!

Congrats on making it "yours". Going to get some pics and get started on our new one this weekend too.

Yup! This time around I know what to get done first. 🙂

Just got more goodies in - Mor ryde wet bolt kit and shackle upgrade

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
****! You're ON IT dude!

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
New Maxxis M8008 E rated

Went and got 3/16th angle iron to replace the 1/8th factory angle iron. They were already bowing and I didn’t want the tanks to fall out like on our last trailer.

Replaced the hardware - old stuff

New hardware - grade 8

Also added two of the stabilizer Jacks in the front

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
jackxclan wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
busterja21 wrote:
check out the 3M Gelcoat cutting compound and wax. will make the gelcoat look like new again.

3M is good stuff! I washed it today, it’s actually not bad at all but still needs a pass with the machine.

this is best wax I have found It really lasts.

There’s no pic?

Its nu finish the link wont post right

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385