cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are F150's still popular?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, I have to admit, I took this pic a year or so ago, but forgot all about it..

Just a random weekend at a Wa State Park (Steamboat Rock) and I saw that there were 3 of us in a row with F150's parked..

Did not know or have a chance to talk to any of them, but still was pretty cool.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

(mine is the closest one in the pic)

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.
20 REPLIES 20

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder how the aluminum bodies are working out?

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
b17drvr wrote:
F150 is the best selling vehicle in the USA.

I'm pretty sure it is in Canada too, and has been for quite some time.

I drive a 2012 F150 for work and it is a great truck. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I were in the market for a 1/2 ton.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

b17drvr
Explorer
Explorer
F150 is the best selling vehicle in the USA.

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Where I live the heavy duty fords are by far the most expensive and give the lest discount. Love my new Ram 3500 and the price I gave for it. It handles great and gets surprisingly good miladge. But thatโ€™s why they make 3 choices.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
F150s are everywhere, and an extremely common tow vehicle, probably the most common one I see in the Southeast. I also see LOTS of F250s & F350s for larger RVs.

Ford has done a great job with mechanical and cosmetic design, and offers a huge variety of configurations and trim levels to suit almost anyone. GM & Dodge simply have not kept up with the innovations and offerings that Ford has made.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
I drive my 2000 f150 daily and tow our pontoon boat with it. Our 33ft travel trailer is towed by our 2017 f250 6.2 gasser. Ford tough. All 3 chevy dodge and Ford are great modern trucks. My favorite is Ford.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new to the Ford family of trucks. If it holds up as well as my former Silverado I'll be a happy camper.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
I traded my Dodge in on a 18 F-150 2 weeks ago.

So yeah, now Ford's are the best ever. hahahaha
#thebestneverrest
#bestsellingtruck41yearsstraight
#fordsetsthebar

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought my F-150 almost exactly a year ago. At that time the salesman told me that the F-150 was the single vehicle most sold in the U.S., not just the most sold truck, the most sold vehicle.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
F150's and Super Duty's are both very popular.

Is that campground next to a diesel repair shop? Hahahahhaa

LOL
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the F150 is the most popular model in the US.

If I was in the market for a half ton, Ford would currently be first on my list with GM being second. I can't say the same with their HD trucks though. Ram tops that list by a long shot.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not really surprising. Pickups are by far the most popular tow vehicles.

With only 3 major brands, the odds of getting 4 in a row from the same manufacturer isn't statistically that unusual, especially considering Ford is the top seller.

Also, not that unusual to get families or co-workers traveling together. If one member works at Ford, good chance the rest bought Ford due to the employee discount.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the market for a new truck a couple of month's ago and I would have bought an F350 except for one problem with them. Ford started making them so tall, I can no longer fit one in my garage. I have a 7' door. With the door trim and where the door bottom stops when it's open, I've lost a couple of inches of available height clearance. The choices I had left were the GM or RAM offerings which come in at just about 79" tall. I went with the Ram. I got a much better deal than I could come close to with a GM Offering. I'm hoping this doesn't become a trend where GM and RAM build their trucks taller because I really don't want to have to change out my garage door opening to accommodate a new truck 5-6 years from now. There's really no need to build them taller. Heck, most everyone already has running boards to make getting in these trucks easier and most use a step stool or ladder to wash/wax the roof's of these monsters.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
Read 'em and weep. ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a19560/top-cars-to-make-it-over-200000-miles/