cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fantastic Fan issue- need help

Vegas1
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 Create-a -Breeze model 8100 from Fantastic Fan. The living area fan is controlled by a single pole switch which opens the lid and activates the fan.
The switch suddenly stopped working, but I can still open it manually and run the fan using the controls.
I suspected the motor had failed, so I swapped motors with the bathroom fan for a test. The bathroom fan works as it should using the suspected bad motor, so that eliminated my suspicions.
The living area fan works except, the wall switch functions are now reversed. The โ€œonโ€ position closes the lid and shuts down the fan. The โ€œoffโ€ position opens the lid and activates the fan.
I tried reversing the wires at the wall switch, but it did not make a difference.
I am a bit puzzled as to why it is doing this. Possibly a bad switch? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill
2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37 F
Ford F-53 24,0000
2010 Chevy Equinox. Blue Ox & Brake Buddy
2 REPLIES 2

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Give them a call. They have great customer service.

phays
Explorer
Explorer
Easy solution. Put a new label on the switch changing the position of the on an off labels.

Think the solution may be to check the connection to the motor; the wires may be reversed. The fan turn on operation is controlled by the lid as it is opening. There is a switch under the cover that turns on the fan.