cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help looking for TH

Blue_Falcon_BBQ
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have been looking for a bumper pull TH for the last few weeks and the local selection honestly sucks because two of the largest dealers near me because I refuse to do business with but I am willing to travel to get the right trailer.

We are a family of 4 and mostly need the trailer for competitive BBQ events and camping with this need the cargo area doesn't need to be huge. But the kitchen area needs to be fairly open with large counter top space and the ability to have an additional table in the camper while not effecting sleeping areas. The reason for this is because I have to throw on larger meat items such as brisket and pork butts between 10pm and 2am.

My tow rig is a 2003 Lincoln Navigator 4wd max tow capacity is 8300lbs and I would like to keep the trailer around 4500-5500lbs dry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not a fan boy of any brand but I do want as much quality as I can get for the money. I don't need a fuel station and I would love a full bath (for my wife and kids).

Budget is 30k or less. Thanks for the help.
4 REPLIES 4

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
For your limited tow capacity on the Lincoln, (remember you have to figure in your stuff and your family vs payload), and your budget, take a look at this used ATC. I saw it awhile back and though it looked really nice for the age. All Aluminum, you could get creative with the interior layout (sleeping), and should still have some garage area left for tables.
ATC Toy Hauler 2006
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

Blue_Falcon_BBQ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for yalls reply I've looked at several trailers and the ones that I'm leaning towards are the The Gray wolf 22rr & 26rr, the coachmen 26th, the heartland trailer runner 26th and I did also look at the quicksilver 8.5x26fbr.

I just need to actually look at the models now.

socaladam
Explorer
Explorer
Blue,

You're going to need to look at aluminum trailers and small ones at that considering max load.

It's not just the total weight, it's the weight on the hitch as well.

ATC would be out of your budget for sure (not being rude, just factual)

Might want to check into some of the ultralight trailers like livin lite quicksilver and a number of others on the market. A quick google search for light weight toy hauler will give you a good starting point.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to the Keystone RV web site, showing floor plans for Keystone Impact, toy haulers. On this page, there are 7 travel trailer toy houlers. Maybe this will help get you focused in the right direction. I'm no help on dealerships in your area though.

Click here.