cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front hitch for bicycles

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone use (or heard of) a front hitch with their E450? We have five bikes so it'd be nice to put three in the front. I'm not seeing threads, nor seeing the right hutch for this application at Reese and others. Thanks in advance!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.
7 REPLIES 7

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
I use a front hitch for trailer maneuvering. I do not recommend carrying nice bikes on the front. The same stuff that is hitting the RV on the freeway will be hitting the bikes....including rain being driven into every entry point at freeway speed.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
I put one on our '02 Itasca, '01 E-350. Then on our '15 Itasca w/'15 E-450.
Works grate, except I don't like driving after dark while carrying the bikes, except on the free way, they reflect light from the mh head lights.

I also had a problem with reflected light (off the rims mostly) when driving at night. It got very annoying after a while. Aside from that I loved it. Never drove at night anyway except one unavoidable leg of a long trip.

I have a 2002 Suburban and had no overheat problems.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I put one on our '02 Itasca, '01 E-350. Then on our '15 Itasca w/'15 E-450.
Works grate, except I don't like driving after dark while carrying the bikes, except on the free way, they reflect light from the mh head lights.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I did that on my 2001 Suburban and it managed to disrupted the airflow and made the engine and tranny run hot. However I know people who have done it with no issues. etrailer.com is where I bought my hitch.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Not on a MH, but I had a front hitch on my SUV so I could use my bike rack while towing. Worked great!

It was a Curt hitch, which came with a "fish wire" to fish the bolts through the frame, making it a completely built on installation.

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a court front hitch from etrailer and a swagman 3 bike rack for my f350. Easy install and works great with no side effects.