cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new york

Cumminalong
Explorer
Explorer
Question, how is state rd 104 from niagara falls to upper ny along the lake like with a 35ft 5er,senic and slow,lot's of stopped traffic?
5 REPLIES 5

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Now that they have finished rebuilding the road west of Oswego, the construction isn't bad, however until they pave in the city (Oswego) it is a mess. While longer & narrower roads, following closer to the lake on 104A (part of the Seaway Trail), etc is more scenic. 104 through Rochester is where you will hit the most traffic...

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
According to my trucker's atlas, the only low bridge point on 104 is near Niagara Falls, 0.1 mile north of NY 182 (11' 0"), otherwise, 104 is a ok truck route for semis
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Cumminalong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the headsup about the low bridges,st104 does not have any? good to hear.We are headed that way next month.Thanks John R.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, very low bridges on the Lake Ontario State Parkway. And no commercial vehicles IIRR.
Sometimes we'll take 104 & Rt 3 for a change of scenery when going from Rochester to Watertown.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The parts of it I'm at all familiar with (mainly Rochester and west) are not bad, not super slow but you do go through all the little towns along the way and so it's not exactly quick traveling. I don't recall it being exceptionally scenic, nor an eyesore either. Usually I go on NY 18 and the Lake Ontario State Parkway, but the latter road would not be good with a 5er due to some fairly low clearances; and besides, it's quite rough in areas. (Unlike virtually every other parkway in New York, noncommercial trailers and RVs are not forbidden from using the LOSP.)

Stopped traffic shouldn't generally be a problem except possibly through Rochester if you hit rush hour. Even during rush hour Rochester traffic does generally keep moving pretty well.