cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microlite 25FKS slide weight rating

MissouriCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Have seen several posts on various forums where people have replaced the factory dinette with a jackknife sofa or the recliners. We are seriously thinking of installing the rec pro 80" recliner/console sofa, would be a near perfect fit, but I'm a little concerned about the weight on the slide operation. According to the rec pro website the weight is 247 lbs., not really that bad, but I'm guessing at least double the dinette weight. For the people that have changed out their dinette on this unit, or any other for that matter have you had any problems with the slide?
Mike & Shirley
2009 F250 SD Supercab 6.4 w/3.55
Ford Brake Control, Equalizer
2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS
4 REPLIES 4

flguppie
Explorer
Explorer
If the sofa is twice the weight of the dinette, and the dinette is still in the slide...you are only talking about an extra 125lbs on the slide. We usually have close to that weight in junk under the dinette bench seats. So you should be fine.

If you don’t have a 125lb person available, throw some golf bags, or tool boxes on the seats and give it a try.
FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2014 KZSpree Connect 220rbk
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow

MissouriCamper
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
I agree, I don't think doing that mod will hurt it. That's a good idea to get some people to provide weight as a test. If you charge them a small amusement fee and they are more than 48" tall it could maybe pay for the recliners.

HA! Don't think I would make any money at it, but not a bad idea on using a couple of people as test ballast.
Mike & Shirley
2009 F250 SD Supercab 6.4 w/3.55
Ford Brake Control, Equalizer
2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree, I don't think doing that mod will hurt it. That's a good idea to get some people to provide weight as a test. If you charge them a small amusement fee and they are more than 48" tall it could maybe pay for the recliners.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would not hesitate to do that mod.
Weight isn't really much of an issue because of the way it moves. As long as the rig is level, the motor doesn't have to work hard to move the slide.
If your still not convinced, have a couple of folks sit in the existing area and run the slide in and out. I dont think you will notice any difference.