cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor RV quality

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know there is another forum that addresses Outdoor RV's. I'm asking folks on here about their experiences with Outdoor products.
We're thinking about picking up one of the travel trailers. We don't want to make another RV mistake!
Have any of you owners had issues with service at dealers that you didn't purchase from? If so, what happened?
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has been pretty good. I had some early problems with the Schwintek slide system which caused a couple trips back to the factory, but they got things fixed quickly and the 2nd time, they did some extra insulating work since I was having trouble with the hot water freezing when temps dipped into single digits.

The chassis is far more robust than anything comparable I saw from Keystone, and that was the deciding factor, even though the Keystone was a little prettier inside.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
I truly hope the employees in La Grande take more pride in their craftsmanship then the ones in Pendleton.

They do!!

The same factory that builds frames for Northwood builds the Frames for ORV. I think it's a Northwood division that builds all the frames; unlike the frames for Pendleton units, which are LCI (Lippert).
Bob

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
We bought a new 20FQ Creek Side in 2015 and we have not experience any issues that I didn't cause myself...............I'm a tinker-er and occasionally shoot myself in the foot making things better....????!!!! We've put over 20,000 miles on ours.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. We are heading North to make a deal on a new 24RKS. We've tried to find a unit that won't self destruct as we're traveling-or in storage. I will be changing my signature for certain!
I truly hope the employees in La Grande take more pride in their craftsmanship then the ones in Pendleton.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Any RV can be good or horrible.

Not exactly, even if components are made and installed perfectly, (fat chance), often they are inadequate for the job. An RV cannot be good if built with components that are designed too light and cheap.

Robbies_grandpa
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Blackstone in 2013. Very well built trailer. Our local dealer gave us terrible service for warranty work, so I called Outdoor RV. They invited me to bring it to the factory and they would fix everything. They did a great job and even gave us a tour of the facility. I am very pleased with our unit and the company.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Any RV can be good or horrible. Outdoor and their sister Northwood generally get marks for being among the better. But there has been reports of quality issues there too. The RV industry in general is pushing product out the door at alarming rates, so good luck trying to find something up to your expectations

Sadly TRUE !

At a MINIMUM every TT or 5er should have a barrel/vaulted roof (higher in the middle than on the sides). This will help it shed rain water quicker. Flat roof can have dips where a puddle will form. Most manufactures build this way today, but not all.

The rest of the design/build is almost identical from manufacturer to manufacturer.

srd1941
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we downsized from a 34 ft. motorhome and bought a used 2016 ORV Blackrock 19B. The Black Rock is a lower end unit in their line up and does not include a lot of the amenities found in their higher end rigs; however, the overall construction is does not appear to be compromised. The Black Rock is definitely a solid trailer and so far I am very pleased with the quality.
In regards to their customer service I contacted Outdoor RV by phone to ask about the TV wiring and was immediately emailed a schematic. A couple of months later I decided to build a cabinet to provide additional storage and wanted to purchase hinges and door pulls to match the existing hardware. The price was dirt cheap and they arrived at my home in record time. Both times I called I got a real person on the phone and very swift response to my requests. Suffice it to say, Iโ€™m impressed with Outdoor RV customer service as well as the quality of their products.
Stan

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the best.

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Outdoors RV Creekside 20FQ. This is our 4th camping season and we have really enjoyed the trailer. During the first year we had one warranty item that needed attention. Some bolts came loose in the awning support, so we let the dealer fix it. That's the only time the trailer has been back to the dealer. I didn't like the comfort of the dinette, so we removed it and added two swivel reclining chairs. I replaced the water pump about a month ago. Everything else has been a modification like adding solar, inverter, fan, fan covers. The Creekside is all packed for another camping trip. We are leaving tomorrow for a week on the Oregon coast.

We will change to a 5th wheel in a couple years. We will probably buy the Outdoors RV Glacier Peak F28RLS. So yes, we like the Outdoors RV products.
2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV can be good or horrible. Outdoor and their sister Northwood generally get marks for being among the better. But there has been reports of quality issues there too. The RV industry in general is pushing product out the door at alarming rates, so good luck trying to find something up to your expectations