cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire covers for duallys

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where can I find tire covers for my B+ Phoenix Cruiser with dual rear wheels? We are forced to store our unit in a storage lot and I want to protect the tires as much as I can but can't find any decent covers for duallys. Do single wheel covers provide enough protection/coverage for dual wheels? And would they fit or go on without a struggle?
Any and all help is appreciated, especially since I'm still new at this RV'n thing.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
For long term parking, it might be better to make a cover out of plywood. The plastic covers take a beating from sun, wind and freezing.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Covers don't have to be used. As mentioned above, you can instead just spray the tires with 303 Protectant.

However, the 303 Protectant should be reapplied monthly, where the tire covers would need no attention (unless someone steals them) between the times you use the RV regardless of how many weeks in between.

I use 303 Protectant on our RV's tires - but it's parked out in the back yard when not in use, so it's easy to reapply it periodically.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
According to Roger Marbles, it is not the UV that hurts tires, but the heat. The inside of a dual should be in adequate shade.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We use beige Adco covers on ours..... Just the outside on the duals
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with above - goal is to keep sunlight (UV rays) from affecting rubber. Covering the outside tire is sufficient - inner tire protected by outer tire. No issue putting single cover on outside dual - if tires are that close together you have another issue!!!
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Spray the tires with 303 Protectant.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
You only need to cover the outer tire.