cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any chinks in the armor for this model?

donnyB7
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a used class c and it has almost everything I need. Just wanted to check and see if there is a known problem or issue with this particular model or the Ford V10 engine. It is a 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS.
3 REPLIES 3

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I've been perfectly satisfied with the build quality of my '98 Coachmen class C. It's not fancy, nor are the finishes or hardware or materials top-of-the-line, but it seems to be decently well designed and properly built, with the electrical and plumbing and whatnot installed neatly and properly. The occasional problem or breakdown I've encountered has not been due to poor manufacture, but rather age and use and somewhat being built to a certain price point.

A lot can happen to a company in nearly 20 years, though, so I'm not sure how useful a data point it may be.

I'm of the opinion that for a used RV the maintenance it received previously is of greater importance than the brand name, speaking generally. A top-tier motorhome that has been neglected is liable to have more serious problems than a carefully maintained low-end unit.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Coachmen quality was iffy, but seem like since Forest River took over it's gotten much better. There were some issues with overhead cab leaks a few years ago. I'm not sure when it was resolved. Just be sure to inspect the body carefully, and be prepared to do some PM on the roof. The V10 is a very good powertrain.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Ford V-10 is extremely reliable and when properly maintained with regular oil change intervals will have no issues going 300K miles.
Expect 8 to 9 MPG. After 30K miles and documenting every gallon and every mile it came to 8.5.
The house I know little about.