cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need tow company to move classA: greneda,MS to atlanta,GA

npe1jar
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhat new to this. RV has substantial fire damage and is unregistered. Thanks for any suggestions!
11 REPLIES 11

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
The cost for a tow on a burnt out RV that distance will cost 5 times more than its worth, why not buy locally instead of 4 states away, makes no since unless the RV was drivable.

This is now the 2nd RV the OPer has wasted money on for homless Vets, I hope its not donation money he is wasting..

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one is going to touch it. No way to adequate document pre and post tow damage plus trying to determine if the fire has compromised the body.

The OP's intentions are admirable but the idea of using 20+ year old RV's a shelter for homeless vets is not the best use of financial resources to help someone in need. Besides the acquisition cost and then the transportation cost the cost to make them livable will be equal to what already been spent. A small, functional, towable trailer would be a much better use of resources.

As an example for $4500.

You're not going to find a class A or C for under $1000 that is both driveable and livable. Most will have substantial water damage, rot and a chassis that has not seen even minimal preventative maintenance in a very long time. Either change your business model of buy a lowboy hauler. It will pay for itself after the fourth barn find RV.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same as I told you on the other thread.

A typical heavy tow is about $7.00 / mile.

Youโ€™re talking about 350 miles so $7 X 350 = $2,450

Thatโ€™s presuming they would even touch something thatโ€™s compromised by fire.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Call the boys from Highway to Heck.... They will do it Eh?
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'll do it! I have a Jeep Patriot loaner car from the dealer right now and I'm not busy. ๐Ÿ˜‰

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The shipping quote was $6800 according to your previous thread about Storing the RV .
That, unfortunately, is probably going to be the going rate for shipping.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is this the 2nd or 3rd RV he has bought that can't be moved or driven?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Is this yet another totaled RV that you have purchased and want to move???

Hard to imagine an RV with "... substantial fire damage and is unregistered" that would be worth moving that distance.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Last post it was in Culpeper Va.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put it on UShip
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I'll ask. Why? I bet the tow bill will be more than it's worth.