cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find a particular replacement part

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Shredded a tire going across AZ desert...it took out a water line underneath/into the bathroom...

All put back together while on trip...except:

The shredding tire took out/destroyed the plug or grommet or cover (whatever term you'd like) that plugs the hole where the hoses coming up from below the floor into the bathroom cabinet (and then to the bathroom sink)...

Just called my dealer...couldn't make the parts guy understand what I was talking about...he kept coming back to 'what size hose do you need?'

Are these standard-size holes with standard-size plugs, available on (for example) camping world if only I knew the proper search terms? If specific to this unit, is there some term I should use with the parts department so they understand what I need? Would anyone consider a work-around, like foil or a stitched cloth cover or something velcro-ed into place?

I appreciate any thoughts
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control
4 REPLIES 4

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips...ended up getting a 6 x 6 screen patch from home depot, slicing it to fit around the hoses, secured it in place, and then sealed the whole thing with expanding foam
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
McMaster.com should have what you need. I would also just use expanding foam and not sweat it.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
sgip2000 wrote:
trailernovice wrote:
Shredded a tire going across AZ desert...it took out a water line underneath/into the bathroom...

The shredding tire took out/destroyed the plug or grommet or cover (whatever term you'd like) that plugs the hole where the hoses coming up from below the floor into the bathroom cabinet (and then to the bathroom sink)...

Just called my dealer...couldn't make the parts guy understand what I was talking about...he kept coming back to 'what size hose do you need?'

Are these standard-size holes with standard-size plugs, available on (for example) camping world if only I knew the proper search terms? If specific to this unit, is there some term I should use with the parts department so they understand what I need? Would anyone consider a work-around, like foil or a stitched cloth cover or something velcro-ed into place?

Got a pic? I'd just seal it with expanding foam.

Agreed, but I'd cut a bit of metal screen to go around the bottom, mice will happily chew through expanding foam but they hate getting metal stuck in their teeth. Learned that when repairing some holes into the attic, first time I just put some chip board across the hole and foamed it closed, after they ate through I added some metal screen to the outside and they've left that area alone for the last 6+ years.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
trailernovice wrote:

Got a pic? I'd just seal it with expanding foam.