cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where to put litter box

Buck_and_Doe
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5th wheel is 28 ft with one slide in living area. Not a lot of space. We are taking our 2 cats with us to the beach for 6 weeks. Any suggestions for a good spot for their litter box? Thanks

Buck and Doe
12 REPLIES 12

wif
Explorer
Explorer
I put a door under the bed (1st and 2nd pics). it actually ventilates to the grill in the bathroom - perfect place to vent those toxic cat fumes! (3rd pic)

Doug & Trish
Scooter the camping cat
2011 Ford F150 5.0 SCAB
2009 R-Vision TS21RBH
Honda EU2000i

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
MURPHY55347 wrote:
We put a rug under the litter box that covers the drain to keep it contained. Another option would be to put painters tape covering the drain. It sticks well enough to keep the litter out but is also easily removed.

Good idea! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
We put a rug under the litter box that covers the drain to keep it contained. Another option would be to put painters tape covering the drain. It sticks well enough to keep the litter out but is also easily removed.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
For those that use the shower. Depends on messy your cat is, but if that litter that ends up outside the box goes down the drain it turns into a gloppy mound of cement. IMHO just looking for fouling the sensors and/or even blockages in the tank.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
We put it under the kitchen sink and installed a motion light so when she goes in the light goes on and off when the spoiled P I T A Leaves and returns to her bed under the bathroom sink.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The area under our bed is very tall so I plan on making an opening on the side of it and putting it under there. It will have a small light that comes on when the cat goes under there.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Our litter box is in our master bedroom closet and we keep the door open about 5". If we have visitors, the cats will go hide in the closet and sleep, otherwise, they lay on the side table in the living room so they can look out. They are indoor cats at home and they are inside cats in the RV. They have never tried to get outside, but have stood at the door and looked out when it's been left open.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When traveling, the litter box goes in the shower stall with the cat and the shower door shut.

After we reach our destination, the box comes out and sit right inside the entry door. We have a short hall way there. We have pass through (2 doors) from the living area to the bed room via the bathroom, and also the hall. So, the hall seems to be the best location.

Prior travel trailer, we kept the litter box under the kitchen table. We never used the dinette table ... for anything except collecting junk. It was the most uncomfortable seating imaginable! We always ate outside anyway.

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
2x shower stall
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
outside

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I use a SportPet pop up soft side crate. Buy the 'large' size.
Folds flat into a 12" round when not in use. Found at walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SportPet-Pop-Open-Kennel-Large/5192526

This makes a great cat crate they love being able to see out all around them. It was the ONLY crate my Siamese agreed to stay in in the RV!

I put the litter box at the back and food/water/bed up front. This keeps any stray litter pieces IN the crate. If you look close I also buy the cat litter box with the open high side cover. Works great on keeping the litter IN the box.

This also doubles for securing cats too. Mine rides in it when we are traveling in the RV for their safety and mine. And if you have people going in and out the RV for a BBQ etc I also secure the cat in the crate so he doesn't get out and lost.

I made a shelf along side the bed to place it on so it did not take up any of my coach space. They are real happy and content looking out the window.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Shower stall