cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FlexSeal

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used this for roof repair? Seems to me it would work well to reseal small roof cracks.
Patti, Jack, our GSD Gunner the Wonder Dog and our multtude of cats.
1998 National Tropi-Cal on a 1997 Ford F53 chassis with 460 Ford power.
22 REPLIES 22

Lancslad
Explorer
Explorer
While camping last month a small tree branch came down and punched a hole in my fiberglass roof.I didn't realise how thin that material is, probably less than 1/8" thick. Anyway I had a tube of Flexseal so I used it to fill the hole and make it waterproof.Now we're home and I have some Eternabond tape here so tomorrow it's back up on the roof and I'll tape over the Flexseal.
2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I would stick with Dicor self leveling sealant and Eternabond. They're excellent products with a good track record.
JMO

x2
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

MrWizard
Turns a screen door into a boat
But does not say how long that boat will continue to float

Quick emergency patch, until you can do the job properly

I use Eternabond, or a good polyurethane sealant, like 3M, Dicor etc..

I don't use any flex seal products
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am trying Flex Tape on an awning. NO "results" yet but I have a feeling it may work.

I have an update on teh spray on.. I used it on the windshield washer bottle on my car.. It worked.. for a while.. then it failed...

I used a different product which I use a lot of "GOOP" it is working working working.. Oh it too will chang color (Some types at least) if exposed to UV (Sun) light.. and it gets quite hard.... Eventually....
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I've never used the spray product, but I have used the roll of peel-n-stick stuff.

In 2017, we had another hurricane do damage as it passed by our place in FL. A large branch was ripped off a tree, and it impaled my aluminum shed roof.

I removed the branch, and used a roll of the Flexseal tape.

It's been on there almost two years. The hole is still there, so there's no support for most of the material. It's still completely watertight. I did lap the material over the roof ridge to prevent water from sneaking under the top edge.

I'm sure it isn't as good as Eternabond, but I have nothing bad to say about the product. The advantage to what I bought was the 12" width. Largest I've seen with Eternabond was 5".

Now I keep this stuff on hand for other emergency patches at my house. https://amzn.to/2DBZMKg
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
stvdman wrote:
I did use the Spray On FLEXSEAL. It did NOT perform well at all. I haven't tried FLEXSEAL TAPE as I have no issues with the ETERNABOND tape.

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. I have sprayed some of the joints and will keep an eye on them to see how they work out. If they don't I will go to other compounds.

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
I did use the Spray On FLEXSEAL. It did NOT perform well at all. I haven't tried FLEXSEAL TAPE as I have no issues with the ETERNABOND tape.

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
stvdman wrote:
Tried it on my RV around a skylight..lasted 2 days. replaced with eternabond tape..still there doing its thing after a year now.

I wasn't thinking about the tape. I was referring to the spray on rubber coating that I thought would be easy to apply around the seams.

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
Tried it on my RV around a skylight..lasted 2 days. replaced with eternabond tape..still there doing its thing after a year now.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried it in a pool. It never stuck and sank to the bottom. Looked ok laying on the bottom though. Worthless to me.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

F4Jock
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
F4Jock wrote:
Hmmmmmm. Of course we are new at this but seems to me that every year one has to inspect and reseal parts of their roofs which leads me to wonder how good the "good stuff" really is. If I have to reseal every year it would appear that, if it works, a rubber spray would be easier, faster and less messy.

Everyone was just giving their opinion and/or experience with Flexseal.

Dicor must be checked and reapplied when necessary. Eternabond, if applied properly, is considered a one time repair.

Maybe you should coat your roof with Flexseal and report back in a year or two with an update on how it is holding up?
We could all be wrong and, Flexseal is the new 'good stuff.' ๐Ÿ™‚

Coat the entire roof? Nope. I was thinking more of the seals around the penetrations like vents, seams etc. In any case I will try it on one or two and the usual stuff as well and see how they compare.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
F4Jock wrote:
Hmmmmmm. Of course we are new at this but seems to me that every year one has to inspect and reseal parts of their roofs which leads me to wonder how good the "good stuff" really is. If I have to reseal every year it would appear that, if it works, a rubber spray would be easier, faster and less messy.

Everyone was just giving their opinion and/or experience with Flexseal.

Dicor must be checked and reapplied when necessary. Eternabond, if applied properly, is considered a one time repair.

Maybe you should coat your roof with Flexseal and report back in a year or two with an update on how it is holding up?
We could all be wrong and, Flexseal is the new 'good stuff.' ๐Ÿ™‚

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't work for us; we use Dicor or for larger areas Eternabond and Dicor.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

I used it on my water/wash bucket to see how well it worked.. I had to purchase a new bucket for the next wash.... thumbs DOWN
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet