cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need cheap rv storage option in culpeper, va

npe1jar
Explorer
Explorer
1984 chevy executive (p30) 30 ft long, under 10 ft high.
currently sitting in the culpeper walmart parking not. spoke to the manager and he said it was cool, but that was hours ago. rv missing windshield, battery. just purchased and needing to make it to atlanta. looking to see which companies are most affordable. any suggestions would be appreciated.
updating the original post to be more in line w the guidelines. please also advise of places that will come get rv for donation.
need to store or figuring local tow would be much more affordable than tow to atlanta.
11 REPLIES 11

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the issue here is that you are advertising the RVs you buy and can't move. Whether you say sell, trade or give, you only post to advertise it.

You might be better off posting BEFORE you buy and see if anyone would go look at it locally for you. Then you can find out if it's towable/drivable before spending the money. And the less you spend on buying RVs only to have to get rid of them, the more you'll have to spend on moving costs.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Click on my preferences instead. Your location and many other options are in there.
Good luck with the mess.
Get a pair of goggles and drive it if it runs. Come back and tell us the story.
Puma 30RKSS

npe1jar
Explorer
Explorer
My location is listed as San Diego, but it should actually say Atlanta. Please someone let me know how I can modify this. Clicking on "edit profile" does not give the option to change. I've asked the admins as well. Thanks!

npe1jar
Explorer
Explorer
1. the shipping quote was $6800
2. not trying to sell it on another thread. trying to trade it for classC (read carefully)
3. anybody on here can have it if they want; walmart will be towing it soon anyway
4. I didn't drive it there. I got it at auction dirt cheap ($235 after fees) and figured I could use it for my non-profit so I drove up to look to tow it back. I saw the photos but didn't realize towing would be so expensive. My tow from Tampa (with the other one) was only $1100.

I realize this may seem to you all to be a scam. Ask away with your questions, doubts, and jeers. Still: if anyone is near the Culpeper Walmart, PM me. I'll let you know where I hid the keys and the title. Thanks in advance, good people.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a good episode for Shipping Wars
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dale.Traveling wrote:
A tow from Culpeper VA to Atlanta GA may cost more than the coach might be worth.

One way miles to Atlanta is 500 plus and over eight road hours away. The operator could demand round trip cost to include overnight accommodations in Atlanta due to CDL road time limits for the driver.

Thatโ€™s an understatement. A typical heavy tow of 500 miles would be about $7 / mile or $3,500.

You *might* find someone with a lowboy trailer that would do it for a little less, but not much. They know what the alternative costs and arenโ€™t going to leave much change on the table.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
A tow from Culpeper VA to Atlanta GA may cost more than the coach might be worth. One way miles to Atlanta is 500 plus and over eight road hours away. The operator could demand round trip cost to include overnight accommodations in Atlanta due to CDL road time limits for the driver.

Buying older rigs that might not be road worthy then using the Scarlett O'hara survival plan (rely on the kindness of strangers) to get it to your project home based isn't going to work out well long or short term.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
He's posted like this before - bought an RV but can't get it to Florida (yet his profile says he's in San Diego) and is trying to sell/trade/gift it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
He's trying to sell it in another thread.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
npe1jar wrote:
1984 chevy executive (p30) 30 ft long, under 10 ft high.
currently sitting in the culpeper walmart parking not. spoke to the manager and he said it was cool, but that was hours ago. rv missing windshield, battery. just purchased and needing to make it to atlanta. looking to see which companies are most affordable. any suggestions would be appreciated.

How did that scenario ever come to be? You drove it there without a windshield or battery? Got vandalized? Do you have insurance? Sorry, very confused.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased and needing windshield, battery and a 600 mile tow? Interesting. Are all tires good? Tags, registration, plates all up to date? Insurance?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad