cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

best Rte from panguitch. Utah to capital reef np.

rickwellman
Explorer
Explorer
37 ft class A with 12 enclosed trailer
Traveling to cal col Idaho WY south dakota Oregon with 34 ft class A pulling 7 by 12 enclosed trailer with my trike.
8 REPLIES 8

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
rickwellman wrote:
My rv GPS is taking me Rte 62 up to Rte 24. Good way to go?
Yes it is a good route as is UT-12. The UT-62 route has less mountain driving. If you take the UT-62 route, when you get to Koosharem, turn right on Brown's Lane. This will take you to UT-24 cutting off several miles.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at Red Canyon. Great Park

rickwellman
Explorer
Explorer
My rv GPS is taking me Rte 62 up to Rte 24. Good way to go?
Traveling to cal col Idaho WY south dakota Oregon with 34 ft class A pulling 7 by 12 enclosed trailer with my trike.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Red Canyon. Its one of our favorites also, but not sure they have pull thru sites. They do have sites long enough for the rig $ trailer. Its water and modern baths with pay showers. Rt.12 is great. We always stay at Ruby's Inn campground. Everything there u'll need including RV repair. Up the road is Kodachrome St park is great for hikes. The St. Park at Escalante has Electric but is small with few sites. The town has a great visitors center. Further up the road u'll cross the east flank of Boulder Mtn. about 8000 feet. Its a gradual long climb, no problem. If U get the chance be sure to do a 'Day Trip out of the small village of Boulder. Ask anyone how to get to the 'Burr trail rd. thru Long canyon. A truely Great American short drive, altrho it goes all the way across desert flatland to Capital Reef Nat'l Pk. Altho U could do this drive with the whole rig, be aware the last 15 miles thru the flatlands are a good dirt road. Not good if wet.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Not that it pertains to this thread much but, we especially like that little campground on Rt 12, between Panguitch and Bryce. I think it's called "Red Canyon Campground" but, it's been a while so, that title may be off. It's just a very, quiet and nice little campground with great views from just about any site if I recall.

Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
We will drive out of our way to do RT 12.

Beautiful Drive

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
If you have not been on 12 I would definitely go that way. If you have I would probably still go that way. The other way will probably be faster and it is good scenery and good road but not as good as the scenery on 12.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like you only have two, North or South. North is shorter. Nice either way.