cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel hitch

my_travels
Explorer
Explorer
I've been raving for more than 50 years. Past towing a 5th wheel presents some issues especially using the Super Glide Hitch with a short bed truck. Recently I researched the Andersen Hitch. I installed it myself. Simple and easy. Tows great. No sway or chucking. Easy connect and disconnect. I highly recommend using this when towing a 5th wheel.
10 REPLIES 10

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
my travels wrote:
I've been raving for more than 50 years. Past towing a 5th wheel presents some issues especially using the Super Glide Hitch with a short bed truck. Recently I researched the Andersen Hitch. I installed it myself. Simple and easy. Tows great. No sway or chucking. Easy connect and disconnect. I highly recommend using this when towing a 5th wheel.

Only issue with my 16K superglide in the past 15 years is the peace of mind when having to make sharp turns with or without warning.

Oh yea. I installed it myself.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Second Chance wrote:
Flan wrote:
Nice. Reads like an advertisement.

And just joined today to post it...

If it's a shill, it's someone who has been living under a rock, because even a hack advertising professional knows shilling isn't worth the effort. Most people see right through it, and even if it's well done and well hidden, on a small website like this it's not going to drum up enough sales to make it worth the time and effort to make the post!

Probably an over-exuberant college intern new at the job.

Right here we've got at least two people poo-pooing the hitch due to the report of a failure, and two more accusing the poster of being a shill. Then there's me analyzing the lot of ya... Pretty much ruined the advertising opportunity.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
RCMAN46 wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
There was a recent thread with pictures showing catastrophic failires. Do you really want one?

Same for the B&W 5th wheel hitch.

I suspect you can find pictures of almost all hitches having failed.
Well, the B&W hitch damage was after the trailer rolled over, the Andersen was during a very hard stop. Pretty big difference actually.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s got to be better than my Reese Pro 15K POS.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
There was a recent thread with pictures showing catastrophic failires. Do you really want one?

Same for the B&W 5th wheel hitch.

I suspect you can find pictures of almost all hitches having failed.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flan wrote:

And just joined today to post it...
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:

There was also a recent picture of a CFM56-7B engine coming apart on a Southwest Airlines 737, too, but that doesn't mean I won't fly Southwest, or won't fly on 737s.

I have the Andersen Ultimate and have towed with it for 4 years without issue. Works for me, but to each, his own.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Andersen Ultimate. Last week, my 11 year old grandkid removed my hitch from my truck bed by himself in about 4 minutes.
If you google FW hitch failures you'll find stories of many different brands of hitches that have failed so Andersen isn't the only one that ever had problems.
It tows fine but did not eliminate "chucking".

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500