Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Peachland, Summerland, and Penticton BC

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all getting to that time once again, i will be going to

Peachland, Summerland, and Penticton BC , is there any really cool must see spots or things to do or see that are some local hidden treasures that google searches just dont come up with?

Anybody have any secret spots?

Thanks in advance,
12 REPLIES 12

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I am hesitant to add this...it is already a crazy weekend...but, it is THE best weekend for adults of a certain vintage. June 20-22nd...The Beach Cruise. Hundreds..and I do mean hundreds of vintage cars here for the weekend. Cruisin, paradin, hangin out. They park a bunch of them on the Okanagan Lake shore line and people just spend hours..admiring the great restoration jobs. All weekend end long..impromptu cruising all over the place.

Then..just to fill in any gaps, there is the Elvis Festival. And if you need to ask? You are either too young or dead.

The problem is, as always, here..is finding places to camp. Lots of folks boondock anyway..all summer long. Wal-Mart, Safeway. If you get jammed up? I have a long curb. Gimme a shout. hauptgw@gmail.com

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
morley wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
There is a wonderful open air Greek restaurant in Penticton. Well worth a stop.

Pianotuna is quite right, the restaurant is Theoโ€™s and is well,worth the stop for a great dining experience.

X3. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic! :B

I also recommend the Summerland train; we did it a couple of years ago and it was a great experience. To see a piece of machinery over 100 years old beautifully restored and have it take you on the journey was very nice.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all this is very awesome to read , keepem coming !!

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
Can't recommend highly enough having lunch or dinner at the Quail's Gate Estate Winery in West Kelowna. One of the best meals and most scenic dining rooms we have ever experienced anywhere. The Okanagan Valley is our favorite place in BC!
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
1) Rent a pontoon boat or ski boat for the day on Okanagan Lake

2) Float the canal between Skaha and Okanagan Lake (Penticton)

3) Go to Silver Star resort(Vernon). Ride up the new Gondola, hike, or rent a bike and mountain bike both crosscountry and downhill.

4) Ride the rail trail between Okanagan Falls and Penticton. Also between Kelowna and Coldstream(Vernon).

5) Rent kayaks and paddle Osooyos, Vaseau, Skaha, Okanagan, Kalamalka, Swan, Mara lakes.

6) Float the Shuswap river from Enderby to Grinrod.

7) Rent road bikes and go on a wine tour anywheres in the Osooyos to Kelowna region.

๐Ÿ˜Ž Rent mountain bikes and ride all of the trails on Trail Forks app between Penticton and Vernon.

9) Go rock climbing on the Skaha cliffs (Penticton) and Cougar Canyon, (Kalamalka PP.)

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

MikeInSeattle
Explorer
Explorer
I second the kettle valley rail trail (Myra Canyon), great cycling over historic trestles. There is a bike company that you can rent bikes from at the trail head. The trail is pretty flat and you are up high so terrific views of the lake.

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all, great tips, keep them coming if you have them,

morley
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:

Pianotuna is quite right, the restaurant is Theoโ€™s and is well,worth the stop for a great dining experience.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
The long abandoned Kettle Valley railroad right of way provides a wonderful walking/cycling trail. Paynter's fruit market in west Kelowna, a short distance from Peachland, is one of the best in the valley. Then there are tours of the wineries that produce world class wines if you enjoy that.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

canadafan
Explorer
Explorer
Take a ride on the Kettle Valley Railway near Summerland. This steam train takes you through the wine fields of the area. You may be able to buy fresh grown cherries to take along with you and be entertained by the on board banjo player. Great fun, enjoy:
https://www.kettlevalleyrail.org

Trevor

trailerbikecamp
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if its still there, but there used to be horse back riding on Silver Star mountain. During the winter Silver Star is a ski resort. During the summer its still a beautiful spot with views of the North end of the Okanagan Valley.

Also check out Kalkamalka Lake. Although the lake us actually deep it has various colours that seem to change, both colour and position almost every day.

There are also numerous wineries that offer wine tasting and tours of the properties.
Dan