cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flying home, or within Mexico airlines question

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're flying home or within Mexico, the Mexico Daily News article should be of interest: Planes Getting On I Years
A few of these airlines serve the US (Canada, I don't know)

I know that Volaris and AeroMexico serve the US.
Volaris, in my experience, has modern aircraft and runs on time. (They partner with United IIRC)
AeroMexico I haven't flown in many years but was okay.
Interjet; I flew once. The flight was on time and aircraft was newer. (had heard that they flew late and was skeptical)

I'm always interested in airline service to the US and within Mexico.
Have you any airline preferences, avoidance or tips for us?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats
4 REPLIES 4

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The list of airlines that my nesses use are Aeromexico, Volaris, Interjet, Aerommar.

Average age of the oldest aircraft is 6.5 years old and most are newer.

Volaris uses Airbus A-319 and A-320
Interjet uses Airbus A320 and Sukhoi SU 95 superjet
Aeromexico uses Boeing 737-700 and 373-800 and the bigger ones for long flights,
Aeromar uses ATR 42-320 and 42-500 Turboprop's

Most expensive service is Aeromexico
Most people use Volaris or Interjet, Volaris being the better choice and Interjet cheaper.

Worst of them all is Vivaerobus, they are chap and charge for everything extra, some of the aircraft that they use are small, a tall person has to bend down to walk in the isle.

navegator

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I used both volaris & viva aerobus last year to fly back & forth from Guadalajara to Hermosillo. both were riduculaouisly cheap, like $30 US for a 2.5 hour flight. Volaris was more comfortbale. The seats in Via aerobus where hard. Legroom was like Ryanair in Europe. Ok if you are under 5ft 5.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
We do not fly anymore that is why we have the RV, but I will ask the kids that do fly on a regular basis one of the nesses came back from Cancun for her business by plane and only stayed at home for one week and went up to Tijuana again flying, and the other one also travels all over Mexico for her business, so they should have some information that may be of some use to you.

navegator

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The low cost airlines are ok but they have different rules. Checked baggage size is limiting unless you pay extra. Some do not take foreign credit cards without ahuve fee. You pay extra for low cost cancellation but the new flight has to have that llowcost seat available. Not many on each flight. BUT thefares are super!

Moisheh