cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hubcentric 2" 8 lug wheel adapters for 1992 dodge b350

von_d
Explorer
Explorer
The title has been my Google search for a few months. I've been told that dodge made these vans for 30 years with 0 changes except for fascia until 1998 when the front stearing was rejiggered.

Would someone whom has done this mod recently please tell me where they got theirs? What I've found is most manufacturers say their stuff fits 1994 and up dodge vans. Did something change on the rear axle between the first 20 some years and the last 10?

I would really prefer "hubcentric" vs "spacer". and I would prefer real steel vs aluminum. However, if you're an owner of aluminum spacers on a 8000lb hilariously top heavy van, please let me know it's safe. Cause it don't look safe in the least little bit. (like 20,000 miles safe, not I just put em on, drove it home and never drive it, safe. Mine is a daily driver).

Thanks very very much for all your insights. I know this subject has been brought up 80 times a year, however all of those manufacters dont make the adapters anymore. The narrow rear track on this van is driving me nuts on ruts. Van drives perfect otherwise (w steering stabilizer, 2 inch rear sway bar, and 4 bilsteins).
3 REPLIES 3

karlstream
Explorer
Explorer
I once owned a 89 Xplorer on the Dodge 350 chassis and spent a lot of time trying to improve the handling on that tall vehicle with a relatively short wheelbase. I added a leaf to each of the rear springs, installed air shocks and larger all steel tires in the rear. At the time, 2" rear wheel spacers were also a popular addition so I put them on too. I think, for a while, they were offered as standard equipment on the wide body Pleasure Way camper vans, which I believe were also built on the Dodge chassis. The Dodge van used the rear axle of the Dodge pickup which unfortunately made the track narrower in the rear than the front. The spacers widened the rear track so it was the same as the front, with the idea it would help the handling.

After all this messing around, I didn't seem to really change the handling of the beast. And the spacers put additional load on the rear wheel bearings, so I experienced bearing and axle failure. Out in the middle of Nevada. Fun.

Xplorer eventually solved the handling demons by installing dual rear wheels as standard equipment.

karl

von_d
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Bora is the name you want to know for hub centric spacers in 2018. they are made to order in the usa by motorsport tech. 2" 8 lug for older dodges run about 250$ for the pair.

There is no other mainstream source for hubcentric spacers for pre 94 dodges that I could find. I avoided ebay and no name spacers. The only other manufacturer I found who made something that might fit is rough country, but they are not hubcentric and there are enough reports about bad stud metal that they worry me. Unfortunately, I ordered the rough country before I finally stumbled on the boras, so when everything finally gets here, I will do a side by side comparison with pics.

booster
Explorer
Explorer
2" diameter sway bar on an 8000# vehicle. How long are the arms to the links?

IMO, hubcentric is needed on wheels and even more needed on spacers, even though I don't like spacers myself unless absolutely no other way to go.

If you can find spacers with the right bolt center diameter and bolt size, it usually isn't too hard to make them hub centric on both sides, to the axle and to the wheel by adding diameter spacers or boring a step in them.