cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV Park North of Detroit

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we return to visit friends in the northern Detroit suburbs we were always hampered on where to stay. Most of the existing parks are so far away that it made it difficult. It appears last year May a new park opened just a mile from New Baltimore, right on the water of Lake St.Clair. You can be on the expressway I-94 in about a 10 minute drive from the park and be heading towards Detroit in no time. The park has no pool or clubhouse, but 34 sites, all angled back-in on a dead flat concrete pad. Full hook-ups and all asphalt streets. You can fish off the dock or swim, but no life guard and the bath house and laundry is first class. The grass is always mowed and the park looks great. We were lucky enough to get a spot for 6 weeks and are so happy to have this new park in this area. NorthPointe Shores RV Resort
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible
13 REPLIES 13

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
drsteve wrote:
troubledwaters wrote:
jeffcarp wrote:
For the opportunity to stay close to Detroit when there was no option before that. That's why $60. Supply and demand.
Two in Oakland County (20 minutes from Det)(Addison Oaks and Groveland Oaks), Two in Belleville (30 min)(Wayne County Fairgrounds, Detroit Greenfield), one in Monroe (45 minยฑ) (Sterling SP), one in Brighton (1 hrยฑ) (Bishop Lake SP); all around $30 - $40 per night. Then there is Port Huron KOA which has 10 times more amenities for you $60. If supply and demand is the driving force, someone will soon be bankrupt.

Have you driven in Detroit? Depending on traffic, those travel times could be significantly longer. Never mind the extra ga$ and the considerable aggravation of driving in that area.

Location is everything. My guess is this guy will have no problem filling his campsites for $60 per night, pool or no pool.
Have you driven into Detroit?
If you have, then you would know there's is no difference between driving in from Ira Twp or driving in from Belleville (or anywhere else).

I've driven to, from, and through the Detroit metro area many times. Not sure I get your point. Mine is that travel times can vary depending on traffic, and that this campground's location is an advantage. For reference, the comment I replied to has Brighton, Port Huron, and Monroe as competition.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
troubledwaters wrote:
jeffcarp wrote:
For the opportunity to stay close to Detroit when there was no option before that. That's why $60. Supply and demand.
Two in Oakland County (20 minutes from Det)(Addison Oaks and Groveland Oaks), Two in Belleville (30 min)(Wayne County Fairgrounds, Detroit Greenfield), one in Monroe (45 minยฑ) (Sterling SP), one in Brighton (1 hrยฑ) (Bishop Lake SP); all around $30 - $40 per night. Then there is Port Huron KOA which has 10 times more amenities for you $60. If supply and demand is the driving force, someone will soon be bankrupt.

Have you driven in Detroit? Depending on traffic, those travel times could be significantly longer. Never mind the extra ga$ and the considerable aggravation of driving in that area.

Location is everything. My guess is this guy will have no problem filling his campsites for $60 per night, pool or no pool.
Have you driven into Detroit?
If you have, then you would know there's is no difference between driving in from Ira Twp or driving in from Belleville (or anywhere else).

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
jeffcarp wrote:

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
nickthehunter wrote:
bid_time wrote:
$60.00+ per night for what? To fish off a dock. They don't even have a pool.
Can't even have a campfire for your $60.00.

When you need to be close for visiting people then you pay what you have to. It's the visiting that's priority not amenities.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
bid_time wrote:
Can't even have a campfire for your $60.00.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't pay that much per month for a good snowbird site near Daytona or Orlando Jan to March.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
There is a KOA south of Detroit in Monroe County off US23 at exit 9 which puts you near Toldeo and 45 minutes from Metro Detroit. I live about 4 miles from it. Never stayed there (no need) but it's expensive as well.

I can 'camp' in my side yard if I want to but I prefer sleeping in the house...lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Well in talking to many of the rv owners staying here in this park I find most have family somewhere within 15 miles of here and staying close is helpful to them as opposed to driving long distances to visit. Three are working and staying here for the duration of the contract they are filling. There are only a couple of open spaces, so this park will do well.

troubledwaters wrote:
jeffcarp wrote:
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

troubledwaters
Explorer
Explorer
jeffcarp wrote:

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
jeffcarp wrote:

Actually, it's 64 bucks this year.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
This is my daughter's family favorite campground Dunes Harbor. Yes it is a couple of hours from metro Detroit.

VERY FAMILY FRIENDLY ! It is run by a Christian organization so they say no alcohol, but no one is going to check you close. Keep your beer can in a cozy and don't carry it away from your site.

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer