cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

coffee 'Therma Carafe'

MrWizard
recommendations wanted

looking for a new 'good' thermal carafe
to keep my fresh pot of hot coffee... hot (for 'hours')

in a few hours about 3 ? mine is down to just barely warm

i may have to resort to an old fashion glass lined vacuum bottle
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
16 REPLIES 16

MrWizard
Thank you for the suggestions
I will check on them
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of different size Corksicles. Keep one on the bike saddlebag and even in the sun all day the ice lasts a long time

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
what puzzles me is that they keep hot things hot and cold things cold, but how does it know?
bumpy

It doesn't... I tried putting hot coffee and cold lemon aide in mine at the same time. Didn't work good at all. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what puzzles me is that they keep hot things hot and cold things cold, but how does it know?
bumpy

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am amazed at the number of people who feel that thermos bottles and carafes keep coffee hot all day. I have been through all of them and regularly use a thermos bottle. None of them keep coffee hot enough for me more than at best 6 hours.

I especially dislike the Cuisinart. The coffee is not hot enough when it is first made and the carafe does not sit on a hot plate so the coffee just gets colder by the minute. We donated ours to charity.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have good luck with the CUISINART Grind and Brew Thermal 10-CUP Coffee maker. I am using the DGB-650BC model...

Google Image

This works great in our OFF-ROAD camping as it only needs 120VAC for the around 5-minutes for the GRIND and BREW operation and then it pours up the fresh made coffee into a thermos Cafafe.

This fits into our normal off-grid camping scheme just fine by running all the things we want to run directly off our batteries or from a Power Inverter. It is planned to run down our battery battery bank to its 50% charge state by the next morning and this is when we connect up our 2KW Generator when allowed to our POPUP converter setup to recharge the battery bank back up to its 90% charge state with a three hour generator run time. During this this three hour run time we get to make our coffee for the day and like stated above this only needs the generator for about five minutes to grind and brew our coffee...

Since the whole world has gone to K-CUPs now it seems I probably should look into some of that for making our coffee but for the present time using same band name bottled water we bring with us we get to enjoy our fresh Ground Bean Coffee taste every day...

Definitely keeps our coffee hot all day long...

Probably one of the downsides to the CUISINART type coffee makers is the cleanup before making fresh coffee again... ALot of components needs rinsed off it seems...

We have been using the Cuisinart Coffee makers for several years now for both camping and in the house...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Thermos brand stainless steel mug and thermos for a pot of coffee. It is still steaming hot at the end of the day. It's even hot enough to drink the next morning.

Thermos claims 9 hours hot, 20 hours cold for the cup, and 24 hours hot/cold for the thermos.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Mr Wizard,

The glass vacuum type work the best. They sometimes break.

The metal ones may give acceptable use -- but only if pre warmed with extremely hot water.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used to have a Stanley Stainless Steel vacuum bottle (Thermous is the most famous brand name of Vacuum bottle) Kept coffee drinkable for 24 hours.

Alas. I lost it and the replacement was not that good. but the replacement would do 8 hours no sweat. Liked those bottles.

Now days I use a smaller coffee pot (#2 filter type) and .. Not a problem one 24 oz cup is not filled full.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
I have been hearing good things about the Ozark Trail thermal travel mugs at Walmart. Supposedly they are very good knockoffs of Yeti mugs, but at a fraction of the price. My Yeti insulated mug is very impressive at how long it keeps coffee hot. A big "travel mug" holds a lot of coffee.

I would respectfully disagree. We have Yeti, RTIC, Ozark Trail, and another no-name China knock-off product. The Yeti is far better than the Ozark Trail in terms of its insulating properties. The RTIC is somewhere in between. I've heard that the Orca brand is as good or better than Yeti, but I haven't tried it yet.

Regardless, I don't think any of those brands offer a thermal carafe ๐Ÿ˜‰
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
As noted earlier...
They all work best if you warm them up first with boiling water.

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 40 year old Stanley thermos.
Most vacuum insulated coffee containers should work about the same.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have tried all sorts of carafes including stainless and old fashioned glass vacuum bottles. If the container is entirely full, the best I get is maybe 4-6 hours of hot coffee. A glass vacuum bottle or the carafes I tried were no better than my stainless vacuum bottle. Over time I broke all of the glass lined bottles. My stainless Stanley is several decades old.

I recommend making coffee directly into the vacuum bottle. I use a Mellita funnel with extension tube that fits into a narrow mouth vacuum bottle. Costco has dirt cheap no. 6 filters.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thermos brand Airpot carafe that keeps coffee quite warm for 7-8 hours.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate