cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x 213 rear bed will not slide out

fxs44
Explorer
Explorer
have approx. 5,000 miles on Jayco X213 and no major problems until now.
We had the bump bed out for 19 days and it came in with no problem. We traveled to the next camp ground and tried to put the bed out and it would only go out approx one foot and then the clutch on the motor would engage. I checked the track and the cogs and can see no place where it looks like something has jammed it up. The bed did retrieve back into place after we tried to get it to go out. Can this be a motor problem or a clutch problem or adjustment problem?? One thing we did initially at the campground is try to let the bed out when it was at a approx. 10 degree angle going up(We did not want to unhitch from the tv) So when we had the problem, we unhitched the tt from the tv and made sure the tt was level, but we had the same problem. If this is a simple fix I prefer to do it myself instead of taking it into the rv shop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Frank.
5 REPLIES 5

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
If we have too much stuff thrown on the bed, it doesn't want to move. Take off all the extra pillows and the other things that get thrown on to travel and it works fine.
Sometimes pulling back in it is slow to stopped and I will apply pressure outside while DW Operates the switch inside.
I like the idea of a bigger motor.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be stalling at a point where more torque is needed but the batteries/12V is insufficient? Then less torque required to pull it back in. Are batteries fully charged or being supplied by being plugged in to 120VAC shore power? Just some things to check yourself before getting into serious mechanical issues.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

fxs44
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments. I will take it in to have a pro look at it.

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
My sister has the same rig, and about 4 years into ownership the motor also stopped pushing the king bed out. It did run very slowly near the end but almost needed "assistance" to get deployed. Had it taken in for service and a new more powerful motor was installed and now it deploys twice as fast and with authority. Not under warranty, but I don't think it was too bad a bill for the repair.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Of course 10 degrees out of level is not the time to be operating the slide in, or out. Can you tell if the slide room is still mostly centered by looking at the slide wipers? If the room has shifted, no longer centered, you might try putting it out part way, and pushing to shift it back, after loosening the side to side adjusters.

Lots of options and adjustments, but if lacking slide adjustment knowledge, it may be best to get a pro, or at least someone with the basic slide adjustment knowledge.

Jerry