cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loaded up the camper last night and.......

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
....I’m excited! It’s been tucked away in the shop since last July. Everything fired up and worked like it should and doesn’t even look like any mice got in it!
Couple days of RnR in the mountains is on deck!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
10 REPLIES 10

Bedlam
We'll also be on the other side of the mountains trekking US-2 east. We hope to make it down toward Grit dog's hood as soon as next month.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
I like the way we do RV'ing and camping year around with no avoided season or no season avoided or cheated or having months long lay up time. 2nd week in Jan each year begins the calendar year of RV'ing with our annual heading south to Florida CG site for about 2-1/2 months with the 5th wheel loaded to go and also for visiting family living down there. Always get back home about the end of March for the April 15th tax filing fun. Usually right after pleasing Uncle Sam, change the truck over for the Lance TC, check everything out so we know all is working like it should. Then load it up with all the goodies and basics, what we want in, plus some cold weather and warm weather clothes.

Next is lots of short and a few long RV trips in during spring, summer and fall till thanksgiving and then the TC comes off again very early December but not past mid December and the 5th wheel hitch etc goes back in ready for the next second week in Jan trip south again and loading stuff In the 5th wheel begins. No season is avoided or cheated or months long lay up time happens. Just a few weeks of what we call "change over times".
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your weekend, I took Thursday and Friday off and was headed to the beach but my back went out last week and couldn't get anything ready due to pain and lack of movement. We rented a Motel room for Thursday and Friday night on Cape Cod and will spend time on the beach anyways but with no camper 😞
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun!!

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I am envious..Enjoy...We have a new 10 week old puppy that is not quite ready for the boonies and camping but after it's 12 week boosters the 5th,were headed to the hills....
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, just about the same for me, loaded up the camper last night after everything checked out and I got the fridge FL error fixed. Ready for 3 days of R&R ON the beach fishing and playing, heading down Friday night after work. Got the water tanks sanitized over the weekend and the solar is still charging away, the batteries surprisingly held up well over the winter in storage and everything else is working thankfully.

Hope we all have tight lines!
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
jimh425 wrote:
Have fun, and I hope you make it out of town before the traffic goes crazy.

I'm heading out to Yellowstone next week for my first camping trip of the year.

Have fun! We went a couple years ago and I'm dying to get back and do some more fishing there!

This is a 2 day'er. Kids don't have sports this weekend and we're going to vegetate by the lake with a fishin pole.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your trip. We're next!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't that feeling of excitement as you head out wonderful!?!

And when its been a while, it is just intensely so. ??

Enjoy!!
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have fun, and I hope you make it out of town before the traffic goes crazy.

I'm heading out to Yellowstone next week for my first camping trip of the year.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member