cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

West travel

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
Well going out west Thursday leaving from ky , don't know were to go out there just want to see everything I can I go t about a month .could anybody give me any advice I thought I would go up and get on 80 but not sure
39 REPLIES 39

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad wrote:
Well we are home wife wanted to come home , I am going back sept

The Aspen in September - Heaven - especially in the San Juan's.

Late September in the Rockies - Beautiful.

Here is a good Album of great places out West. Stan Parkers Photo Album.

With just a little effort as to the route you will have a Blast this September, so much to see, Never enough TIME.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are home wife wanted to come home , I am going back sept

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad wrote:
No we never get reservations we drive about 300 miles an then go to looking. And we been staying in camp grounds every night, we are in a bad one now just outside Denver itโ€™s called Jellystone an itโ€™s horrible there is not many around Colorado as I can find. We donโ€™t much care for what we see yet I guess we will get on 70 east and go across kanas tomorrow. I here itโ€™s not much to see if anyone has any suggestions let me know please. Ok

Just wondering - What did you decide to do?
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad, you are so close to some spectacular places, it would be a shame to head east and think there was nothing in Co worth seeing. Here's a link to a collection of links for an RV'er guide. There's also some good RV CG's out there. If you didn't download the app "Allstays" to your phone, you should. I think it cost a 1-time fee of $1.99, and that includes regular periodic updates to the database. Very useful app to help you find CG's and know what to expect before you go. It has contact numbers and directions to every listing.

The RVer's guide can be found clicky here
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You've only been gone 12 days. Why the rush to get home?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad wrote:
No we never get reservations we drive about 300 miles an then go to looking. And we been staying in camp grounds every night, we are in a bad one now just outside Denver itโ€™s called Jellystone an itโ€™s horrible there is not many around Colorado as I can find. We donโ€™t much care for what we see yet I guess we will get on 70 east and go across kanas tomorrow. I here itโ€™s not much to see if anyone has any suggestions let me know please. Ok

Denver is NOT Colorado!

Head West into the Mountains - Otherwise you will be missing some of the Best of the Rockies.

Head to RT 6 out of Golden then into the Mountains - Map - https://binged.it/2Hkff0j - something like this will get you into some Beautiful Country, I'd spend the Night in the Leadville area having Dinner at Quincy's - With Turquoise Lake - Camp Hale - then down the Road to Buena Vista to the Collegiates and the new Brown's Canyon NM - Salida is a great little town with Great People - then over to Gunnison and Crested Butte - Possibly Lake City before Ouray - the Alps of Colorado...................................On and On

Please do not think you have seen Colorado by going to Denver or Colorado Springs!

If you love Mountain Drives give this a try.

Please.

Best of Luck,

Edit; give the State Parks a try - http://www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/state-parks.html

Edit #2 - Old Post - https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26547564/gotomsg/26550381.cfm#26550381
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at a RV park on the east side of Denver 12 years ago and after two days left the area. The park was horrible.

We couldn't find any other place to stay so we've never really seen Denver.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad,

Have you been staying in CG's every night, of other parks; BLM, etc? Have you had problems getting a site each night? Tell us a little more about how this has been working. I really like how you're going about this, but have to wonder if having no reservations has been a problem.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
Its a shame I was in the woods and didn't see this. For future reference, after Mt Rushmore, head north to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park near Medora, ND. Some of the best scenery in the world, and you can (will) see herds of feral Bison roaming around the park.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep an eye out on where the wild fires are. I know a new one popped up today very close to Durango Co and there are 4 or 5 fires burning in northern N Mexico.

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
Well i went upin montana,and then dn in cody wy. And went over yellowstone, an then dn in jackson hole. An now we are at rawlins wy. Dont know from here i guess heading towards denver i guess

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
farmingdad wrote:
Well I am leaving my Rushmore an either going to Wyoming or Montana donโ€™t no which one would be best.

Lots to see in both - were you able to do Wind and Emerald Caves while around Rushmore?

Head over to Cody talk to the locals and decide from there - If not Yellowstone - Maybe Wind River Canyon - Beartooth - Chief Joseph.....................on and on and on...........
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Just see or experience? If you fish hit the White River in Cotter Ark for a week. Dentons RV Park.
Or if you want to head west via southern route near Nashville take Natchez Trace.
Two RV Parks or campground now on the trace.
Get to Natchez, look over the pre and Civil War sites. Look at the map and find Poverty Point in La fro next stop, just a few miles off I10 call for reservations.
Ancient pre Native American site. Fishing and bears and bike paths...but...fire ants so take you own ant poison. Ranger will come by and probably leave some but... Concrete loooongpads on some sites. Good grass etc.
I ddon't have my logs with me at home.
If you stay at other parks in La make sure you have good and extra water filters. Iron, Sulfur and so on.
Maybe everyone ,from each state, on the route, can chime in, since they live there and know all the sites not to miss.
I'll take notes for us too.