cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

parking brake part for my class C

wilt1958
Explorer
Explorer
hey all, just joined and I appreciate all the wisdom! I just bought our third motorhome, a nice (dry!) 1993 28 foot Travelaire Class C on a Ford E350, with a 460 V8. This one is in great shape, no dings, almost everything works (both A/C's!) but like all older units there are a few things that don't which I am fixing one by one. I have run into a wall on the parking brake. The ratchet unit on the floor that activates the parking brake (push on/push off) doesn't work and I have to replace it. I have checked the cables and they are fine, it is the pedal assembly that needs replacing. None of the local wreckers have anything, I am striking out on Amazon and Ebay, and the Ford dealer says they are discontinued/no replacement. The part number he gave me was F2UZ2780B. VIN 1FDKE30G0PHA90007. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I think WD40 also. Our 2006 Buick also has that style parking brake...so maybe
some other brand vehicles (could) also have the same part or system.
Brian

wilt1958
Explorer
Explorer
thanks Gary, I will try that.

Stranger
Explorer
Explorer
Wrecking yard.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!".
2012 Mesa Ridge 345RLS
2002 RAM 3500

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to the ratchet on the pedal movement, Fords have a device that grabs the parking brake cable like an old Chinese finger trap. Just getting some WD-40 up in there might free the cam arrangement that does the grabbing. No, the WD-40 won't make the cable slip. Have to do this every few years on my old 93 Bronco. And, yes, those things are getting really scarce. People replaced many that really only needed lubrication.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Just take it off and fix it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Finding parts for a 25 year old Ford will be a challenge.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad