cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roan Mountain State Park, TN

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking of spending a night or two at Roan Mountain State Park, TN.
Are there any good restaurants near there? Would like a place to feed after a days driving.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info. Smokey Mtn. Bakers sounds like just our kind of place. We'll have to add that to our list of must see.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
I just spent spring break week there and did the VA Creeper Trail while in the area. After eating in Boone NC, Johnson City and Elizabethton, I can tell you that one of our favorite places was in Roan Mountain. Smokey Mountain Bakers. Highlander BBQ was also good but I'm kinda partial to BBQ in B'ham, AL. Anyways, Smokey Mtn. Bakers is truly a hole in the wall but they cook everything in a brick fired oven. The pizza was excellent (the reason we went there on a recommendation) but I thought the breakfast was even better. They also bake all sorts of bread and deserts as well. I really don't think you will be disappointed if you gave it a try.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
You will have to go to elizabethton or johnson city for anything other than mom pop restaurant I would stop and eat on my way to roan mountain it's about a 30 mile drive from johnson city.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
My suggestion would be to pack a lunch. I was there a few years ago, and didn't like what I saw.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Just go into the city of Roan Mountain. There are a few places from pizza to BBQ