cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

blocking the hot sun

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to the hot southwest for the summer to be near our daughter who is attending college. I've seen RV's with light tan screens covering their windows and wondering where they sell them?
9 REPLIES 9

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
www.sunpromfg.net
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
jeeperdude10 wrote:
We have the 'snap on sun shade' and are in awe of how much heat it actually prevents coming thru that big ole picture window of a windshield. We had it installed while in Florida while snowbirding there. Really worth the investment-in my opinion. Besides, the wife REALLY likes it.

I installed one, SunGuard, while snowbirding in southern FL. Hugh difference, really cut down on the heat in the front of the MH.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve found the sun screen in most ACE hardware stores in Arizona. In the hot summer in the Southwest Iโ€™ve found it best to have the windshield on a class A facing East, the rear closet in my case facing the west.. then use awnings and sun shades as required as well as keep acnding running before it heats up too much.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 'snap on sun shade' and are in awe of how much heat it actually prevents coming thru that big ole picture window of a windshield. We had it installed while in Florida while snowbirding there. Really worth the investment-in my opinion. Besides, the wife REALLY likes it.
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I too believe awnings the better option
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
We spend a lot of time in locations with no shade. Our previous motorhome had window awnings. They made a big difference and still allowed you to see outside. I'm planning to install awnings on our current unit.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
There is a outlet in Yuma that will custom install all RVs.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
It's called Solar screen and a lot of houses down here have them on their windows. You should be able to get it at Lowes or Home Depot. Your local stores my not have it and you may have to order a roll on-line.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO the only really good way to block the sun is with reflective insulation. You can buy rolls of that at Lowes or Home Depo or any good hardware store and cut it to size.

There is also reflective film you can stick on your windows but that does not work as well.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln