cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofa Bed Mattress

Gadget_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking to replace the sofa bed mattress in our RV. We’ve tried two different air mattresses, but the sofa bed mechanism eventually tore a hole in them, so air mattresses are no longer an option. I’ve hoping to find a foam mattress for better comfort over the OE mattress, but I can’t find one to fit our sofa bed for under $400. I really don’t want to spend that kind of money. Our current mattress is a short queen, 71"x53". Any recommendations? Thanks.
My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...

2005 Providence 39J
2007 Tacoma Double Cab Dingy
Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, RV Golf Club and Elks Members
3 REPLIES 3

Gadget_Man
Explorer
Explorer
:S As happy2rv pointed out, the mattress is in fact a full, NOT a queen. Now able to find many that will fit. Thanks!
My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...

2005 Providence 39J
2007 Tacoma Double Cab Dingy
Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, RV Golf Club and Elks Members

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
walmart sells a queen size magic foam that can be cut to size. We put one on our bed and its comfortable.

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
According to MattressInsider https://www.mattressinsider.com/the-idiots-guide-to-buying-a-sofa-bed-mattress.html#Hide-a-bed%20mat... 52x72 or 54x72 is a Full size sleeper sofa mattress. Amazon has https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Brands-Replacement-4-5-Inch-Mattress/dp/B005SF6QS2?th=1 listed for around $125 and indicates it is 53x72.

I'm not affiliated with either resource and don't have any first hand experience with this particular product. We do like our memory foam mattress on the regular queen bed, but it is 10" thick, not 4.5". I would obviously verify what thickness you can get away with before ordering.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint