cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a Ford Fiesta

AtlantaGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about getting a Ford Fiesta to dinghy tow and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. If so, is there anything special I need to be aware of? I'm a little concerned about ground clearance? Any other problems or concerns? Thanks
2011 Winnebago View 24K
2013 Honda Fit
2 REPLIES 2

SDHobo
Explorer
Explorer
We just completed a 2500 mile trip first-time towing a 2016 Ford Fiesta, SE Hatchback w/ AT. As shown below, we have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X DP. The Tow System is Blue Ox Car setup and Alpha Tow bar package. I also purchased a Battery charger. I was lucky enough to find a Fiesta with SYNC 3 and the Navigation package. We drive around strange towns like locals.

We drove about 700 miles through serious mountains and never noticed any negative issues and the mileage was decreased by about 0.1MPG. We loved it. We did initially have some issues with the Fiesta transmission, but your Ford dealer (or any Ford Dealer) can help you with that.

After some initial problems, we got it all figured out and now we can hook-up/un-hook in about 20 minutes each.

Good Luck, Dick & Mary
'08 Fleetwood Providence 40X
w/ 2016 Ford Fiesta SE (w/Navi) Toad
Dick and Mary
Random Kids, Grandkids and Great Grandkids

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
read the owners manuel.