cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
I have the G2 plus carry out dish. With a H24 receiver.
I am having trouble getting signals. I had it working twice. I put the dish back in the same spot and no signal. I try moving dish still no signal.
I am sitting in my drive way when trying.

Trying to get a hold of wineguard during the day is almost impossible.

Any ideas.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
10 REPLIES 10

Community Alumni
Not applicable
My neighbor had this problem of not receiving a signal and or not receiving all the channels the problem was the male connector that was installed on the coach where you attach the coax to. It was warm to touch and after replacement all is good.

JimR

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
If the unit is no longer under warranty, I would take the plastic dome off to make sure that the dish is moving properly on both axis and to be certain that the coax to the LNB has not come loose. Otherwise, do you know somebody that you can borrow a portable dish and receiver from so that you can determine which component is causing the problem. Swapping out one component at a time can narrow down the problem. Be sure to check your coax as well. A kink in the coax can reduce the signal to the point that the receiver can't see it.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I can hear the dish searching.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Can you hear the motors moving the dish around inside the dome while it is trying to acquire signal? Does it make a "ticking" noise like skipping gears? And is it still under warranty? There is most likely a motor driven gear and track that moves the dish up and down and side to side inside the dome. You should be able to hear that operating when the dish is searching. when UPS delivered my dish, they bounced it around enough to derail the side to side gear from the track. King support said that was fairly common and had me open the dome and just pop the spring loaded drive gear back onto the track. Had to do that again after driving I-65 between Indianapolis and Louisville. That was one ROUGH stretch of road.
2016 Ford Edge Sport

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
Does your dish have 2 coax connections? My King dish does. It will only acquire the satellite if there is a receiver connected to the primary coax connector.

No only one
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Does your dish have 2 coax connections? My King dish does. It will only acquire the satellite if there is a receiver connected to the primary coax connector.
2016 Ford Edge Sport

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Go to menu, setup amd review your antenna settings. My guess your setup is wrong

It is set up correctly. I wrote everything down when I had help from Wineguards the very first time.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Popsie wrote:
Call DirecTV (AT&T) customer service @ 800-531-5000.

Just tell them that your setup was working, but now it doesn't and you've tried everything. Ask them to send out a technician to resolve the problem.

I've had them come out to our RV in an RV park several times to take care of problems.

Did that and the tech said he could not trouble shoot my system.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Go to menu, setup amd review your antenna settings. My guess your setup is wrong

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
Call DirecTV (AT&T) customer service @ 800-531-5000.

Just tell them that your setup was working, but now it doesn't and you've tried everything. Ask them to send out a technician to resolve the problem.

I've had them come out to our RV in an RV park several times to take care of problems.