cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pennsylvania RV Park

Tweeter
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to Pennsylvania next year and looking for RV park preferably in the central to northern part . Will be there approx a month. We travel in a 42 Ft motorhome Going to site see in our tow vehicle. Preferably the central to northern part so we can visit Delaware & New Jersey. Also any RV park suggestions in New York to visit Niagra Falls. We have many interests & suggested site seeing would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Bald Eagle Lake Start Park has a really nice campground with some electric and some full hookup sites. The sites are nicely spaced. They have a beach for swimming and new bath houses. You are about 10 miles from the Piper Aircraft Museum in Loch Haven.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
For Niagara, we are headed to Four Mike Creek State Park in Youngstown and just plan on day-tripping to the Canada side.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
fitznj wrote:
I camp a lot in PA - almost all the State CGs are top notch if you like peace and quite and lost of space. If you want to visit NJ and DE, then there are nice CGs in the Poconos.

My favorites are central PA - anything from Chambersburg in the south to Wellsboro in the north (Micheaux, Bald Eagle, Poe Paddy, Sproul......). Remember that most of PA is quite rural and remote - lots of trees, mountains, steams....

As a previous poster stated it's also a big state.

Micheaux Forest is BEAUTIFUL, but I couldnโ€™t imagine taking my 42โ€™ rig into Pine Grove Furnace campground. Itโ€™s just too small to get in and many of the spots are perpendicular to the campground road.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
PA State Park system is one of the best in the nation. Several campgrounds now have full hook ups. Go to DCNR website and surf camping for a listing. We do state parks exclusively and we just love them. We have done quite a few in 10 years so if you want specific info, hit me off line.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I camp a lot in PA - almost all the State CGs are top notch if you like peace and quite and lost of space. If you want to visit NJ and DE, then there are nice CGs in the Poconos.

My favorites are central PA - anything from Chambersburg in the south to Wellsboro in the north (Micheaux, Bald Eagle, Poe Paddy, Sproul......). Remember that most of PA is quite rural and remote - lots of trees, mountains, steams....

As a previous poster stated it's also a big state.
Gerry

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Check listings on www.rvparkreviews.com Be safe and have a good time.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to suggest the Allegheny River CG by your description, that is about equidistant from your mentioned targets, but if you think you are going to set the coach in one place for a month and do the sightseeing you described, you had better look at your plan more carefully.

Pennsylvania is just packed with beautiful campgrounds. But to traverse the distances you have outlined night be a bit of the trug. Across Pennsylvania, most of the fast roads go east-west. If you are going across I-80, the last exit is like 310 and they are in miles....

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
In Niagara Falls I would recommend the Canadian Side, much nicer. We stayed at Scott's CG, right on the tourist bus route, well tread, quiet when we were there(Oct). Only negative is the laundry was in the basement of the office building.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
A thread on Niagara from April. We stayed at Branches of Niagara.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox