cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sellout products

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a policy with most campgrounds on selling products at your campsite?
15 REPLIES 15

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Jframpey wrote:
Cold beer here

Joes bar!

I'd stop by for a few free samples.:B
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
Cold beer here

Joes bar!

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you could sell it to the campground directly(if they frowned on you seller no from your site) with your contact info on a label. If they wanted to purchase more in the future the could order from you. But I like the idea if having samples available. Think Iโ€™d try that first!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

glennts
Explorer
Explorer
Put out a large pot of coffee and offer free cups to the other campers. If it is a great as you think it is then you'll get questions about the coffee and have an opportunity to make a sale.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
I think that would be a ruff sell .most campers bring there own coffee and some of the camp stores sell it also the flea market usually don't allow food or drinks sold.and if you sell it by the pound weight and measures want it weight and labeled and the sales tax people want there cut also.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I could envision a nice looking little sign that states simply, "fresh roasted coffee beans," and a separate one that says "Visitors Welcome!" Nothing would overtly say "For Sale," and if done tastefully the signs might not raise any objections. At worst, some places might ask you to take the coffee sign down. I doubt you would be asked to leave unless it is one of those snooty places that only allows newer rigs or suchlike.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen (occasionally) someone will hang a sign on their camper ... Amway Representative Here. Or Jacks craft items, come-on-in! Or even Girl Scout Cookies here. But they don't put out a flea market style table. Usually, handled very quietly and discretely.

Allowed? Usually not. Maybe in a private campground the owner may permit it (if he gets a kick-back). But you should always check with the owner of the campground first. He/she may have you set up a booth at a specific spot, rather than from the front door of your camper.

State Parks... very much frowned upon, but if you aren't making a scene, you may go unnoticed by DNR officials.

But really ... campgrounds are NOT the place to solicit your business. I for one would never stop in at your campsite if you advertised something for sale.

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
I am retiring and selling our coffee shop. I have been roasting our own coffee for 8 years and want to get a small roaster and keep roasting while we are on the road. Just thought if fellow campers wanted great coffee, I could sell to them.

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
If you talk to the campground owner you might be able to negotiate using a room for a free seminar about your products. I have heard of this happening.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious what did you have in mind to sell?

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
No. Nobody wants the traffic your "shop" would bring. Find a Farmer's Market or flea market.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Typically there is.
And frankly, it's just not what CG's are for - IMO.

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
I I would not do that. I have been in business for a while. You never try to compete with what is on your street. SO folks, if I have something to sell that is not sold at the camp store, is that OK?