cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions/recommendations for motorhome cover

AG_Slug
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the market for a motorhome cover. The rig is 31 feet but I suspect that with the storage box and towbar on the back I'll need a 35' cover. The things I'm looking for are:
  • All weather protection including heavy snow and 115 degree summer, strong winds.
  • Access to mid-entry door with the cover installed
  • The rig is under 12 feet tall (maybe a little taller with the replacement ACs.
  • Ease of installation.
  • Good Value
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Like I wrote, I feel my cover was a great investment and would do it again if needed.
But this is even better if you can swing it!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Sunshield tarp to cover the top and whatever hangs over the sides, front and back. But the better answer is probably some kind of permanent garage.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I used an ADCO cover for 13 years on our last RV and it kept it clean and looking like new. Never had any damage but we don't get a lot of wind here - some but not much.
I would get the Adco with the Tyvek top in a "custom" build. This will allow you to have the door opening where you want.

The only step up from there is a carport, which is what we did for our new TT.

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
I've never had faith in putting a cover on any of my RV's (TT's and A's). I know people swear by them but I have also read accounts of covers whipping in the wind and dulling the finish and others having issues with ripping/tearing. I'm sure those that use them will answer your questions....Good luck!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

AlaskaShooter
Explorer
Explorer
With what you are asking for I would suspect you will need to have the cover custom made. When we decided to have a Kilt manufactured (I wouldn't put a skirt on my "handsome" 40 foot 5er) Hired a company out of Boise, ID with a mobile tech who drove up to SE Washington and he spent two solid days in the winter cold manufacturing and fitting the custom Kilt. Made a big difference in temps under the 5'er. Within 20 mins the airspace under the trailer was 10 degs warmer then the outside temp.
2006 F-550, Crew cab, 4x4 w/factory bed getting 12 mpg @ 50,000 miles
2006 Lance 1191
2006 Wells Cargo 14' Cycle Wagon
2017 Grand Design 5th wheel with EezTire TPMS
2017 F-450 4x4 crew cab King Ranch

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Your probably asking for a cloth type cover? There are plenty of threads on it here, but am sure some of the guys will advise. If you can do metal is much better, but not everyone has room or can afford it.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.