cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Report -The Dalles Campground, WA

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
The Dalles Our first “Dry” trip in our new 2019 Host Cascade. 4 days, 3 nights near Mt Rainier, close to home, about 1.5 hrs away. The 9.5' tree I have always heard about got dropped recently, safety hazard I guess with rot. Battery/solar was my obsession on this trip, lots of shade and clouds, brought my yami and didn’t use it! We ran the furnace quite a bit (high 40’s at night), radio, lights and fridge the whole time. I hit as low as 12.1 volts when we left, close to 50%.
Was a good relaxing trip with some hiking, no fishing with a high blown out river. Town of Greenwater near by had great beer and burgers at the Naches Tavern.
Truck did great with the camper, getting more comfortable with the setup, only 5 psi in the bags this trip, 10-15 next, little sag, not much, feels solid, ready for more!

Here's a video-------
The Dalles Campground-Greenwater, WA
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
4 REPLIES 4

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we were just a couple of miles from you on that same day. After some booney road exploring, we found a beautiful open spot with a view of Mount Rainier on a Forest Service road about a mile off the highway. Nobody else around. Glad you had a good trip. Mark & Carol, Northern Lite & GMC 3500.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
c.traveler2 wrote:
That was a nice wooded campsite you shown in the video, just a suggestion when you pan,slow it down while panning. I've made this mistake myself and had videos come out on the blur side. Looks like a great place to stay at.

How far did you go on your bullet proofing, just had my '07 done.

Thanks on the advice, iphone amateur.

I bought the truck last year with 76k for just over $20k, clean and straight. My good buddy is a 25 year Ford mechanic and approved the truck, full checkup, said it was a cream puff. We did the bullet proof diesel EGR, New oil cooler, blue spring fuel pressure, coolant flush with VC9, new degas bottle and cap, coolant filter, all fluids changed, stand pipes and dummy plugs, STC fitting, already had the newer turbo with drain pipe, newer FICM, other things I don't remember, wasn't cheap, didn't do head gaskets, he said don't tune it, don't need 'em, they're good, it's a 300k + truck. I bought a scan gauge 2 to monitor ECT/EOT deltas, FICM and alternator voltages and such. I flashed my FICM with the Atlas 40 tune. Helps turbo lag and peps it up a bit with no pressure on the heads. I have 4" exhaust with a high flow muffler so EGT's are not an issue with it.
I LOVE the truck, drives nice and hauls perfect. I couldn't justify spending more on something newer since I have a work rig I make my living out of and only will drive this truck 3-4k a year.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
That was a nice wooded campsite you shown in the video, just a suggestion when you pan,slow it down while panning. I've made this mistake myself and had videos come out on the blur side. Looks like a great place to stay at.

How far did you go on your bullet proofing, just had my '07 done.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good charging in shady spot! Solar is fabulous.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad