cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Registration Fees!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Just renewed the license tab for our Subaru....
Here are the fees tacked on beyond the basic yearly fee:

Registration Filing Fee
License Plate Technology Fee
Dept. of Licensing Service Fee
Registration Service Fee

Rant over....
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro
45 REPLIES 45

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"My telephone landline is almost as bad,"

What's that???
Something that never has dropped calls, and never has such lousy reception you can't understand the person at the other end. ๐Ÿ™‚ And something where you never have to say "Can you hear me now?". ๐Ÿ™‚

So True!:B
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

What's that???
Something that never has dropped calls, and never has such lousy reception you can't understand the person at the other end. ๐Ÿ™‚ And something where you never have to say "Can you hear me now?". ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

What's that???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pay about $36 a month in city utility fees on my water bill on a property where I don't use any water. The house where I lived, I use $6 to $12 a month more for the water I use. My telephone landline is almost as bad, taxes and universal service fees exceed my phone service fees, but I need the local service connection for my alarm system.

Add-ons for car tags are relatively trivial, tag agent gets $1.50 for verifying that I have liability insurance. There are small fees for a new set of license plates, or a collection on "affiliated" tags, which all goes to the affiliate organization, whether university, park service, natural resources, wildlife fund, whatever.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Vehicle registration fees are one area where NY State is actually quite reasonable compared to many states. Our 34' Class A for instance, as are all non-commercial motor vehicles over 6950 lbs, is just $70/year paid every two years. NY has no personal property tax, although there are some counties that collect a vehicle use tax and/or mass transit fee at registration time. Those are only $5-$30 per year though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Come south a little bit to California. .........

No - DON'T "come south" !!..:( (To "Southern" California?)

The (you) California *bashers* are NOT doing your job/s!.:?

You're supposed to tell your neighbors, friends, and kin - how expensive and terrible it is -*BEFORE*- they move!!..:S

The CA population keeps on growing - CA gained 309 thousand residents in 2017, and the state population is approaching 40 million!

So get busy! - Thanks in advance for telling 'em to return!
It will free-up more spaces at great year-round campgrounds!

:C

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Come south a little bit to California. .........
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We only have two contested races this year, I think. Lots of rite ins but a waste.
Reason is Neighbors with family and community values are in office.
One running against our Sheriff haasn't got a chance.
Can't get anyone to run for our small town offices so the Guy that is in there and doesn't really care to be there is still in.
Our problems with taxes was last county mayor who raised our property taxes 30% just because they were the lowest, in the state....and to help a Developer who stole 30,000,000.00 from us.
State is where problems are we now have the highest fuel taxes in the Country or pretty close. Our Governor has friends too and offered a carrot or stick to get them passed. They took the money.

catkins
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
catkins wrote:
Several counties in and around Seattle have an added RTA tax in addition to the normal licensing fees. Our RV license was over $1700 for one year when we renewed last week. Approx $1600 was for the Rapid Transit Tax (RTA). Unreasonable tax based on purchase price of the RV. OUCH!!!!!!!! Literally thinking of moving out of the greater Seattle area to where fees, taxes, and cost of living are so much lower.

Wow. Down here in SW WA my trailer is $41.75 and the 3500 is $101, way better than the old excise tax. Oh well, Rapid Transit is the reason your roads are clear and free moving!!!! This might be the reason why a petition to reduce registration fees is currently floating around.

Yes if I lived outside of the RTA area my fees would be reduced by that huge amount I noted. I never use the RTA, and my local roads and the interstate are a mess, and traffic has never been worse. We RV almost 6 months every year and not even in the state.

I am eagerly awaiting for the November elections for many reasons.

Adam_H
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Remember the good old days when taxes were low?

Nobody likes them , but some are necessary.

Funny how the states with lower taxes seem to have much better roads. In CA where I live, the taxes are one of the highest in the country (Income, sales, gas taxes and certainly registration fees) and the roads are the worst. Travel to Nevada or Arizona with 1/4 the taxes and the roads are measurably better. Hummm, I think waste is a big part of it.

Adam
2007 Fleetwood Avalon HW PUP
2001 Excursion 6.8L V10 3.73
2005 F150 5.4L
Gone but not Forgotten: 1971 Trailstar PUP, 2002 Fleetwood Wilderness Northwest Edition, 2002 Keystone Bobcat 280-EB

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Just renewed the license tab for our Subaru....
Here are the fees tacked on beyond the basic yearly fee:

Registration Filing Fee
License Plate Technology Fee
Dept. of Licensing Service Fee
Registration Service Fee

Rant over....

My truck sticker cost 120$ per year..

Every two years have to pay 35$ for emision smog test..

Still the Emmision controls on vehicles are worth it,was folowing some very old car,nicely rebuild but I could smell its stinky exhaust block away..

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Same with phone service and Cable TV ...

I havent had a TV since Internet started..cant stand the idiotic adverts,would drive me crazy..

My cell phone w Virgin is only 20$ month,for 200 minutes,,
had this contract for over ten years or so..
Bought new Blackberry10 on Amazon for 120$ unlocked..

Bell just increased my Internet to 80$ so I dropped them and went with Virgin which uses same network for 50 $..

cmarkj
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Just remember you elected the people who approved all those fees.

Always looking for the perfect site.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
ken56 wrote:
GLAD I live in Tennessee. No state income taxes and we have a balanced state budget...with a surplus. Granted we have a high sales tax but I can control what I purchase. 74 bucks for renewal registration for what ever vehicle, and that used to be 25 until 2 years ago.

What county are you registering in?
We aid only 22.00 for the mh or the cars this year.

I am in Jefferson co.