cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many hang chairs from their ladder?

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Phoenix Cruiser 2100 (a small B+) and recently the DW decided we need two anti-gravity chairs. Well as they say where I'm from, "there ain't no room". So the next option would be to hang them from the ladder. An option I'm not really fond of. First off I rather not have them exposed to the elements while traveling, we seem to travel a LOT in rain lately. Secondly, I feel it is unsightly to use on such a nice looking RV and would use this as my last resort. Also, is theft an issue? I don't want a padlock and chains dangling from chairs as we travel.
Now that I've offended everyone out there. What are my options/solutions?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
32 REPLIES 32

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
pnichols wrote:
To the OP: What is the bed(s) configuration inside of your Class C? Depending upon that ... you may be able to just lay them on a bed surface while traveling.
I agree - find someplace inside to store them while traveling. I needed extra space once, so I broke the dinette down into a bed and put my AG chairs on it. You could also set them next to the bed wrapped in blankets - but on a bed is your best bet.

This is more trouble than it's worth. Hang them on the ladder & get a cover for them.

Storing them on the bed or in the RV necessitates keeping them clean and dry, especially by sitting around the campfire or if it's raining the night before you leave. In the aisle-way of a small RV could be inconvenient for walking back to get something to eat or to use the bathroom.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
To the OP: What is the bed(s) configuration inside of your Class C? Depending upon that ... you may be able to just lay them on a bed surface while traveling.
I agree - find someplace inside to store them while traveling. I needed extra space once, so I broke the dinette down into a bed and put my AG chairs on it. You could also set them next to the bed wrapped in blankets - but on a bed is your best bet.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II

We carry along two full size outdoor anti-gravity lounge chairs along with us: One in the largest outside storage cabinet, and the other chair folded up and stored laying on it's side in one of the the 6" inch wide shelves at the foot and head of the overhead cab bed. We also carry 3 other outside chairs along in our 24 foot Class C.

We don't carry anything on the outside of our Class C ... as we prefer keeping a clean, non-gypsy look to the RV. This even includes our main 15 foot 3" sewer hose and a backup 15 foot 3" sewer hose - both of which are stored completely inside exterior storage cabinets along with a whole bunch of other stuff in exterior storage cabinets.

From reading in these forums for years, I'm wondering if folks don't often overlook storage capability when shopping for an RV.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

JaneSiver
Explorer
Explorer
Check this good bag twins chairs.
https://www.amazon.com/Sunnydaze-Outdoor-Oversized-Gravity-Lounge/dp/B017A8WW50/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=U...
Comfortable, sturdy and no assembly required. The household is happy and ready for summer.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
We think carrying our chairs and a ladder is why the ladder is back there, so we sure do!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You're not going to wash a big rig's roof from the side or check for caulking or other issues. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

moebedick
Explorer
Explorer
On the eighth day,God created ladders so that one might wash their camper roofs from the side. At 240 pounds,Iโ€™d rather not discover a weak point in my roof by going through it. I probably have one of the cleanest campers you will ever see.(I even wax it regularly!)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
moebedick wrote:
Horrific leaking where the ladder joins the roof. Apparently,you can climb the ladder,but prolonged usage creates vibrations with serious consequences.

Leaking never happened to our RVs. If you don't climb the ladder how do you clean and maintain your roof? We did it regularly.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
well, after 32-yests if a leak was gonna happen iโ€™d a thought it wuda happened by now.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
moebedick wrote:
Horrific leaking where the ladder joins the roof. Apparently,you can climb the ladder,but prolonged usage creates vibrations with serious consequences.

My suggestion,never hang anything on the ladder.

This.
I stated earlier in my post we never hang from a thing that is not made for hanging outside the rv for travel. I wasn't quite sure WHY in my mind, but you stated the exact reasons why we won't go there.
Everyone plays the game of use and what results happen from doing something we kinda should not ๐Ÿ™‚ but we never went there and we are happy we never did from your results.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a canvas shop and have them make a cover for them.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
We carried lawn chairs on the ladder for years, but the rack we had came with a sunbrella-like fabric cover that zipped closed. The chairs stayed bone dry even in pouring rain and also nice and clean. That setup lasted about 10 years until the fabric started to get worn out, and we re-stacked all the storage and moved the chairs to a storage compartment.

I've been looking for a link to post of the set up we had, but maybe they no longer make this carrier with the cover.

we originally did the same but, like you, our chair bag fell apart a few years back.
at first i tried having the bag repaired and reinforced but it was too far gone. when i tried to find a replacement i learned that Camco had discontinued that product. so i asked a very handy buddyโ€™s wife to make us a new one. she used the old one as a sort of template and made the new one out of the same material used for boat covers. looks and protects our chairs well.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
We have a Phoenix Cruiser 2100 (a small B+) and recently the DW decided we need two anti-gravity chairs.

What are my options/solutions?

Boy, my wife would love a rig like yours! :B She too insists we take along a couple of anti-gravity chairs - love 'em once set up but hate them otherwise as they're so heavy and such a pain to deal with. I either toss 'em in the back of the truck or on the bed in the camper but in your case I'd be inclined to store them in the shower while traveling, padded if necessary to prevent any damage to the shower.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:
We carried lawn chairs on the ladder for years, but the rack we had came with a sunbrella-like fabric cover that zipped closed. The chairs stayed bone dry even in pouring rain and also nice and clean. That setup lasted about 10 years until the fabric started to get worn out, and we re-stacked all the storage and moved the chairs to a storage compartment.

I've been looking for a link to post of the set up we had, but maybe they no longer make this carrier with the cover.

That's exactly what I've been wanting to know. Now I just gotta find them. Thanks for the info. I've been looking!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!