cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

colorado springs rv park choice

badbuckeye
Explorer
Explorer
Your preference.. Garden of Gods RV Park or Pikes Peak RV park. or any other suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with Thom about the 2 named parks but should point out that Pikes Peak RV park is in Manitou Springs and I can't think of another park there.
West on US24 we have stayed at Rocky Top which is small and has limited large sites, and Diamond RV park in Woodland Park which is heavily wooded so maneuving with a larger rig was a chore. Both are crowded in the summer.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
badbuckeye wrote:
Your preference.. Garden of Gods RV Park or Pikes Peak RV park. or any other suggestions?

To specificallly answer OP's question: Neither.

Both have seen better days.

OP doesn't indicate when s/he plans to travel. If more than 180 days out, watch the reservation windows and try either Cheyenne Mountain or Mueller State Parks.

Or look to the areas along US 24 heading west from the Springs to Woodland Park. Also look at Manitou Springs.

Have not stayed at Mountaindale, but it seems to get good reviews and responses here. And because it's out of town a bit, likely has more of a true "camping" flavour, rather than a parking lot in the city.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Mountaindale, true not close to town but a wonderful campground.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
TexasShadow wrote:
best all around for us is Cheyenne Mountain State Park...sits on the south side of town off highway 115.

Big X2 on that!

One caveat, though they have great hiking/biking trails, if your hiking buddy has 4 legs and a tail they arenโ€™t welcome on the trails

X3 ! It is on the side of the mountain overlooking Co. Springs. Above town on south side but not far. We visited Garden of the Gods one day. Sorry, can't comment on the two parks you mentioned. If you have a dog they have the best dog park in Co. Springs called Bear Creek.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
We like Rocky Top west of the Springs at Green Mountain Falls in the cool air. We also have used Falcon Meadows east of the Springs on 24 when everything was full in town. It was hot but we were gone most of the day and their service was excellent and the sites were roomy.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Happyemptyneste
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Garden of the Gods a few years ago. Way to close to neighbors for us. Their sewer hose was almost at our door steps.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think we were at Garden of the Gods last year for a few nights. They pack you in pretty tight and its in a bit of a bad neighborhood if I'm not mistaken. There were a ton of Marijuana dispensaries on the street approaching the campground also. Otherwise it was well kept up and had a few pools. We did not feel in danger at any time walking the campground.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
TexasShadow wrote:
best all around for us is Cheyenne Mountain State Park...sits on the south side of town off highway 115.

Big X2 on that!

One caveat, though they have great hiking/biking trails, if your hiking buddy has 4 legs and a tail they arenโ€™t welcome on the trails
Larry

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Friends stayed at Garden of the Gods RV park. It felt a little snug for me.

I drove through Cheyenne Mountain State Park and loved it. But, it's a good ways south out of town.

We stayed at Mountaindale Cabins and RV park and loved it. But, it's even further south out of town and no cell service (barely enough to be boostable). Their campground wifi was slow, but sufficient for me to work. Friendly people and one of the fulltime families even invited our kids crafting at her rig.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mueller SP before. Was a really great place but will probably be booked up for the season already. Also stayed at Mountiandale RV park on another trip. Was kinda out of town but enjoyed as well.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation