cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Seasons Sleep System

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased an All Seasons Sleep System from CW. It was nice...not to heavy and you could chose either the Winter or Summer side to match the temperature.

When washing the sheets the Velcro on the edge of the sheets would stick to the fabric and when pulling it apart it created snags.

Anyone have this issue and if so did you find a solution? We don't want to buy new sheets every time they need washing.
6 REPLIES 6

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update,
Found a company thru REI that repairs zippers on sleeping bags. Sent the Travasak off to them and in two weeks we had it back working as good as new. Sent the All Seasons sleep system off to Goodwill. Hope to get another 10yrs of service out of our Travasak 😉

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Well, you know Travelsak is no longer made. That company went out of business. Welcome Aboard is the new company and their customer service stinks worse than . . . well, you know who.

I ordered one of their sleep sak systems when I had major surgery so my DH could make up the bed. They promised if you picked one of their "in stock" fabrics, it would be delivered in 2 weeks. Yeah. Well, they lie. No other way to put it. When I called a month later to find out where it was, they hadn't even made it yet. And they blamed it all on me because I didn't call and tell them it was a "rush" job. HUH? I was perfectly happy with the delivery date I was promised by ordering one of their instock fabrics. Turns out there are NO in stock fabrics. They only process your order when you give them a date you want it.

So once I got through that and gave them a date, they made up my sack. I was very clear on the fabric I wanted. When I got it, it was not the fabric or the color I wanted. I called them and they said, "Well, we don't really have the fabric you saw and ordered on the web site." HUH? And when I complained about the fabric print (I ordered all solid color) they told me they just line it with whatever fabric they have to "keep down the cost." The cost was already about $384. They offered to remake it and I said no, I just wanted my money back.

Yeah, that doesn't happen either. I had to pay freight both ways ($57 a pop). The owner of the company was really nasty and refused to make good on what they did WRONG. So we scrapped the idea, paid the freight and decided to forget it.

A few days later we visited the camping world in town and they had a clearance on their Travelsak systems. We bought the two that were left for $99 a piece. Using those as we speak. Then I made a second sheet as I described before so I can put fresh sheets back on while the others wash.

The other thing I added was I made my sheet sak with velcro across the bottom. The king sheet in all one piece is too much for my Splendide, so the ones I made come apart and I can wash the sheets separately.

If you do decide to make a sheet set, be sure to order the sew on velcro. You don't want the stick on kind. You can't sew through it. . . well, you can, but it gets the machine needle all gummy.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
As Scottiemom said, it would take a LOT of velcro. That was our first idea. But found it would cost a bunch. Didn't know if someone had found a different solution.

We have a Travasak (has a zipper problem) which has cotton sheets and the velcro on the sheets are the smooth part not the snaggy part of velcro. It sounds like the issue is that the snaggy part would not be a problem on cotton sheets. Not sure we want to go thru the challenge of removing the velcro from the Sleep System micro fiber sheets and putting it on some cotton sheets. Bummer. Guess its time to get the Travasak fixed.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Good suggestions, but we are talking a LOT of velcro, something like 160" or so. I have a sleep sack and it came with all cotton sheets. I didn't like that because they are so wrinkled all the time. . . not that it matters, but I didn't like the look of the sheet. So I made a second set. I had to order the velcro off Amazon to get a roll long enough. My sheets are a microfiber wrinkle resistant. I know now why my sleep sak came with all cotton sheets. The cotton sheets don't stick to the velcro, while the wrinkle free sheets do. So those sheets are getting snagged, etc., while the cotton ones remain intact. Eventually I will make another set and use 100% cotton so they don't stick.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Home Depot and buy a small amount of velcro (they have lots of choices, sizes, styles, etc.)

Put a piece of that on the snaggy part of velcro that is causing you problems. Wash your sheets and then remove the velcro "protector" that you installed.

Hope that makes sense....
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
Why not get some Velcro strips to match the sleep system ones and stick them to each other when you wash the system? Just pull them off and store them when you use the sheets. Put them back on when it is time to wash.