cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold 12XX Li OP code

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
Had the recall box installed a couple years ago. Fridge dead and light now blinking 2-3 times per second so magnetic reset didn't work. Voltage to the box is 13.2 (storage) Jumped the pos in to pos out and the fridge does light and work but light does not stop blinking. Any thoughts? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Cydog15 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Cydog15 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Disconnect the Temp sensor. Install a jumper on the Recall box between those 2 pins. IF the system stops flashing, the flue temp sensor is bad. You will need a new recall kit, Norcold will not give you one. You will have to go to a Norcold Service center. They will check and verify and then Norcold will send them a new recall kit. We charge .5 labor to check out the system and verify there are no cooling unit problems and the unit cools to spec. If all to spec, Norcold then sends us a new Recall kit and pays us the extra .5 to replace the existing kit. You replace all components, not just the defective part. Doug

Thanks Doug. I tried that and nothing makes it stop flashing even though the burner lights and runs while the jumper is connected. Actually it lights with or without the temp sensor connected. As soon as I remove one side of the jumper, it quits.

You need a new recall kit. Doug

Yes I do, Spent .5 labor inclusing free kit for that conformation but that's okay because I learned the real scoop on the reason you don't need really need it.

WHY do you not really need it. What gave you that idea? Doug

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Cydog15 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Disconnect the Temp sensor. Install a jumper on the Recall box between those 2 pins. IF the system stops flashing, the flue temp sensor is bad. You will need a new recall kit, Norcold will not give you one. You will have to go to a Norcold Service center. They will check and verify and then Norcold will send them a new recall kit. We charge .5 labor to check out the system and verify there are no cooling unit problems and the unit cools to spec. If all to spec, Norcold then sends us a new Recall kit and pays us the extra .5 to replace the existing kit. You replace all components, not just the defective part. Doug

Thanks Doug. I tried that and nothing makes it stop flashing even though the burner lights and runs while the jumper is connected. Actually it lights with or without the temp sensor connected. As soon as I remove one side of the jumper, it quits.

Yes I do, Spent .5 labor inclusing free kit for that conformation but that's okay because I learned the real scoop on the reason you don't need really need it.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Cydog15 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Per the ARPrv Website:
LED FLASH FAST (On/Off ~2 or 3 times per second): A Norcold service technician stated (not confirmed) that this could mean that the sensor is not connected to the recall kit. Or, the sensor that can be identified by red and yellow wires has an open circuit. Remove the plug found between the +12VIN and +12VOUT wires put a jumper between these wires. If the light quits flashing you found your problem.

https://www.arprv.com/troubleshoot-norcold-recall.php

I found that too Old Biscuit. Thank you much but the light didn't quit flashing. I tried it with the center temp sensor connected and removed and either way it makes the fridge light just fine and work but can't find what will make it right (in other words jumping it works but bypasses the recall mod) I want to buy a few months/years before the residential fridge swap if I can.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Per the ARPrv Website:
LED FLASH FAST (On/Off ~2 or 3 times per second): A Norcold service technician stated (not confirmed) that this could mean that the sensor is not connected to the recall kit. Or, the sensor that can be identified by red and yellow wires has an open circuit. Remove the plug found between the +12VIN and +12VOUT wires put a jumper between these wires. If the light quits flashing you found your problem.

https://www.arprv.com/troubleshoot-norcold-recall.php
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31