cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porch Light on a Jamboree 31M

EasternShoreLiv
Explorer
Explorer
I am experiencing a problem with the porch light on my Jamboree. During my last outing, I noticed the porch light wasn't on, so I changed the bulb - no joy. The lighted switch is illuminated, but there is no power to the fixture. I pulled the switch and voltage and continuity is correct. The wire is not broken, I have continuity from the terminal connection to the center tap.

I have looked for a wiring diagram (this is the confusing part),but was not successful finding one. The insulation color at the switch is different than the insulation color at the fixture. Somewhere between point A and point B there is a transition; I would like to know where that is.

I feel like the ground is broken, but because I don't have a wiring diagram, and don't feel like bringing wire cutters to the electrical system quite yet - at least not until there is a reason.

This light was working before we left for the last outing. By the way, the step light still works. Not a critical repair, but my neurosis requires that everything should work. It's making me a bit crazy that a 12v light that should work doesn't, especially a simple lighting circuit.

Thanks,

Jerry
4 REPLIES 4

EasternShoreLiv
Explorer
Explorer
Resolved - it's was a couple different minor issues, but mostly caused by corrosion

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is there a porch light switch on the dash?
Check for voltage and ground at light using a jumper. Find another good ground source, use jumper to extend lead to fixture. Test for continuity. Use jumper from good power at switch to light power point.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Might have an open ground.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
With switch on, check for voltage from center pin in fixture, with bulb removed, to ground, frame or anywhere easy to get to.