cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Base Plate discounts

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I know that Blue Ox stopped selling to retailers who discounted their products more than a small amount. But with searching it was possible to find a dealer that would discount. Does anyone know where to find one of those dealers?

Thanks

Moisheh
5 REPLIES 5

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Actually a 2001 Rav can be towed 4 down with no mods. The owner,s manual even has a page titled "dinghy towing" with the instructions. Supposed to be no faster than 55 . Has to be started and run through the gears as well. There is a thread on this subject about 12 threads down

Moisheh

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If her RAV4 is an automatic, don't forget to order the Remco pump for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer

Yes I found a beauty. It is an 88 Bluebird PT38 with a 8v92 Detroit. The picture shows my 09 Silverado . We still have that toad and use it behind our Dynasty. The Bird will be used in Mexico and the Southwest and we plan on towing my wife's 01 Rav 4. It is her pride and joy with only 50,000 miles. Thus the need for a baseplate. It seems that no dealers will discount lower than around $400 with freight. I will probably bite the bullet and order the plate next week.

Moisheh

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
I know that Blue Ox stopped selling to retailers who discounted their products more than a small amount. But with searching it was possible to find a dealer that would discount. Does anyone know where to find one of those dealers?

Does this mean you got a coach? You'd been doing a lot of looking and figuring. Wonderful if you did!

You may be able to source a used base plate on eBay, Craig's List, there's hitchtrader.com

Base plates were about $400 when I was able to get one for the Corolla on eBay for $200 delivered. It came with every single nut, bolt, washer, cable and clip that ships new.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check prices and compare on Amazon.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker