cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

santa rosa rv resort

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Things to see and do while here. Fishing charters? things to see and do?
15 REPLIES 15

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Great info thanks i will post our reviews when we leave.

twichers
Explorer
Explorer
The restaurants here can be inconsistent.

SCooters up about 1/2 mile North of US98 has always been good and no dress code lol.

Just east of the bridge is food trailer called Shark Bites - outstanding breakfast and lunch burritos & tacos with an Hawaiian Twist.

Alphys on FL87 (just before Scooters on the right also) has a great breakfast - try the Cinnabun Waffles.

TC's front porch has a massive breakfast and good sandwiches... service can be up/down.

Slippery Mermaid for sushi.

Rib Shack for bbq but the view is better at East RIver Smokehouse. reviews of the latter depend on your style of bbq.

Broussards on the island across from the Tom THumb has been good as has the Beach House at the Springhill Suites about 1m west of the bridge on the island. Great views of the gulf from there.

Hurlburt Field East of the base is the home of the Air Force Special Operations command so you will hear gunships firing (esp the 105s), CV-22s, helos and often small amrs fire on the USAF property on the island just east of the bridge.

Cactus Flower is CalMex food (at least what we call it). Quite good.

All American Heros for Subs opposite Navarre Park is good and the Twist Ice Cream is up the same side road. TCs', AAH and Twist are all very near each other.

Drive to Pcola Beach along the gulf is nice but most of it is limited to 25mph due to endangered birds nesting.

Hope the above helps.

Enjoy the beach, the traffic and fill in your holes at the beach (nesting turtle season).

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you like to grill your own fish, shrimp or what ever, a stop at Joe Patti's is a must. Got some Amber jack and grilled it with a little lemon/pepper and served it with butter. WOW!
We ate at the Fish House near by Joe Patti's and it was really good. Touristy, expensive, but good. Great area. You'll have fun.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure to go to the Naval air base museum.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
On Pensacola beach you have, Peg Leg Pete's, Crab shack, Flounders and several more but these are my favorites. Also Joe Pattys fish market in town.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
well we are arriving today. was hoping for names of restaurants. and recommendations for maybe a fishing charter.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
i think we got off topic. i was asking whats SUP

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Many campgrounds don't charge any fees for early cancellation. I should have read the fine print.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gulfcoast wrote:
WARNING... They charged $25 to cancel my reservation. (4 weeks in advance) pitiful

I don't see the problem. Their reservation policy plainly states a $25 fee if over 14 days out, full deposit lost if under 14 days.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
WARNING... They charged $25 to cancel my reservation. (4 weeks in advance) pitiful
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
SUP?

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed there once. Very close to the bridge, and fairly convenient to Ft Pickens and Pensacola Naval Base (where the Blue Angels are based). There is a very nice museum and lighthouse on base you can explore. You are only 30min from Destin and there is tons to do there. Navarre is just a little more laid back and less touristy. There is an army base or something close to Navarre where special forces are and they train at all hours of the night (lots of big booms and gunfire).

gjcummings
Explorer
Explorer
Great Place. Ride your bikes across the bridge (1/4 mile) to the National Sea shore, SUP right off the resort, Kayak right off the resort, Eat...lots of them, Golf, Exercise while watching the boats go by...Go to Pensacola...lots of history there

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
florida, navarre beach, santa rosa rv resort