cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving RV fridge on

Bassmon
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone leave the fridge on 24/7 in your RV? ( Weekenders )

Larry
Larry
21 REPLIES 21

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
There's thousands of full-timers out there that leave their fridges on 24-7.

Mine has been on for 7 years.
Larry

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a 50 amp plug in the machine shed where it is parked. Trailer stays plugged in year round and both refrigerators get turned on in the beginning of April and get turned off at the end of October. Even had the same battery in the trailers for almost 6 years now.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

With Us being weekend warriors, we sometimes are out a few weekends at a time... sometimes a month between ( work ) uses.

IF we are going back out in a week or 2, we leave it on.. We just returned this past Sunday and wont be back out till memorial day, so it is now off....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
we also only turn it on when we are using it , off when we aren't. Doesn't take long at all to get it up to temp. I clean it everytime we are done using it, then keep the doors opened to air. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I am on off and on guy. Also have a 30 amp outlet by the fifth wheel in the barn but it does not stay plugged in. Worked for 8 years on this one and always in previous history.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine's on all winter but off in the summer.

mt1729
Explorer
Explorer
When I need it, it's on. When I don't need it, it's off.
Moose

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We turn it on when we need it and turn it off when we don't. Worked for 8 years so far.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My refrigerator is turned off for the months of January and February. The other 10 months of the year, it's on non-stop.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
WE use the reefer for extra storage so the shore power is always on.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Bassmon
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree with most on this thred. I had a 05 Forest River Wildcat and left the fridge running 24/7. Saying that, I was courious what others did as well.
Larry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ours is on the entire season.
When I had a cooling unit rebuilt yearsago, they told me it was more common for "weekend warriors" (their words) to have their cooling unit fail because the turn them on and off between trips. They believe this extreme temperature cycling causes cracking.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t think it makes a difference! Some friends of ours purchased their TT about the same time we did back in 09. They kept theirs plugged in all the time, and we only turned ours on when needed. Six years later they both were working fine.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not turned mine off in 5 years. Our camper is my man-cave when not on the road.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857