cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bridge and Tunnel Restrictions

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling north through the Washington,DC and Baltimore area and am wondering what Bridge and Tunnel restrictions I may run into towing a 40 foot fiver. Thanks for any insight any of you may have.
15 REPLIES 15

dedmiston
pappaone wrote:
Why did I even bother to ask, all I ever get is a bunch of you know what. If I had a truckers atlas I wouldn't have asked for assistance.

Thanks for nothing

pappaone: Please don't be a weirdo. This isn't even your thread.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
Are you trolling?

For one thing, you did not ask the original question. For another, the original poster did get proper answers, along with the suggestion of getting a trucker's atlas. And that isn't bad advice.

pappaone wrote:
Why did I even bother to ask, all I ever get is a bunch of you know what. If I had a truckers atlas I wouldn't have asked for assistance.

Thanks for nothing
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
PAPPAONE; WHAT did you ask ? Unless you have two "names"....you aren't the OP. and scanning this thread, I don't see your name anywhere.

Explain ?

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
pappaone wrote:

Thanks for nothing

Well so far no one has told you to use the search function! LOL

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for nothing
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
hotpepperkid wrote:
We were in Seattle last summer and I wanted to take I-5, well that didnt work out very well. Got in the wrong lane and then was forced to stay in that lane unless I wanted to run over the guy next to me. Wound up on the ramp to I-90 and yep you guessed I see a sign that says no flammables and I have a can of gasoline in the back of the truck for the generator. There is no turning around in the middle of a 5 lane free-way so on we go.
Unless things have changed in the last few years the restriction is only in place when the WDOT is maintaining or testing the fire suppression system. I *believe* that the restriction also only applies to placard quantities.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The Good Sam Trip Planner alerts you to propane restrictions. Saved me from trying the I95 tunnel in Boston.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Seattle last summer and I wanted to take I-5, well that didnt work out very well. Got in the wrong lane and then was forced to stay in that lane unless I wanted to run over the guy next to me. Wound up on the ramp to I-90 and yep you guessed I see a sign that says no flammables and I have a can of gasoline in the back of the truck for the generator. There is no turning around in the middle of a 5 lane free-way so on we go.
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info everyone.

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
In Maryland, you can not use either of the underwater tunnels in Baltimore. You must use the either the Francis Scott Keys bridge or go the longer western route via 49.

There are no underwater tunnels on I-95 from DC south so you have no problem. However, if you ventured down to Tidewater (Hampton, Norfolk) you can take propane through the tunnels down there, BUT they must be turned off before doing so.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Having done the NJ to Fl on I-95 a few times, I am unaware of any bridge restrictions. However, the tunnel...has propane restrictions.

I avoid any "restrictions" by taking the Baltimore bypass, the DC Beltway (very early in the morning, like 4-5AM) and then the Richmond bypass.

No problems.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
We went from College Park MD to Outter banks 3 years ago and we had to stop on 95 before going into tunnel and asked if propane tanks were off (never on while traveling anyways). 5er is 41'.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Get a trucker's atlas which will show all of that and more.
x2
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://learntorv.com/road-tunnel-restrictions-near-maryland/

For additional information regarding these restrictions, please call 410-537-1374.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31