Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy Towing pulling fuses

GoldToyBox
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all

Setting up to tow my 2017 Buick Envision. Per GM I need to pull two 15 amp body control modules fuses to prevent battery drainage.

If I install a charging wire from the RV to the Dinghy battery would I still need to pull the fuses. (local Buick dealer gave me that deer in the headlights look).

And would I need to (or should I) install a diode to prevent possible problem in the dingy from discharging the RV battery?

Any help or lead to another source of info very much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
My parents had a Chevy Cobalt that required pulling a fuse. Well getting to the fuse panel and pulling and replacing the fuse was a chore. I found someone who made me a "fuse bypass switch". It had an inline fuse holder for the correct size fuse, you plugged it in to fuse location in panel and their was a switch that we mounted in dash nearby.. so you just toggled it on and off.. I think I found it on this forum probably close to 10 years ago. I did a quick google and found them for about $50 now... I think I paid $30 then.. I also found a website that showed how to make your own, if you have solder skills.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
One of the cars that I tow is a Chev Equinox. The manual says to pull a fuse.

After a couple trips doing this, I rewired the power and lights cable so that when I plug in the umbilical from the RV, it automatically closes a relay that opens the fuse.

Tim

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a Honda CRV .. ran a 16 gage extension cord wire from coach to battery with a fuse inline .. never had a problem since ,, cost me abot $4.00

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a Honda CRV .. ran a 16 gage extension cord wire from coach to battery with a fuse inline .. never had a problem since ,, cost me abot $4.00

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Simply install THIS and you will not have to pull fuses or worry about diodes.