cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded another TV

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I really like the newer LED TVs because they are so thin you can mount them on the face of the cabinet instead of inside letting you find a much larger TV that will fit. There is also only 1/2" of unused screen making for a larger picture in a smaller size than just a couple years ago. I was able to go from a 36" to a 50" that uses half the power of the 36" LCD. It is also half the weight of the 36".
BEFORE

I like the TVs with two feet near the edges and all that's hold this one in is four 6-8" lengths of plumber's strap. Two where the feet bolt on the bottom and two in the upper holes on the back for wall mounting. There was a big enough access hole on the back to be able to screw the plumber's straps down while the DW held it in place. I did have to cut some of the bottom corners of the cabinet to let the bottom of the TV slide further in.
AFTER
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
2 REPLIES 2

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We went with a 32" LED in a lift cabinet. We could go bigger, but the couch is only 5 feet away.

When we bought the coach, it had a big tube TV head banger right over the drivers' seat.

It was also the backup camera monitor (the inverter came on when you turned on the camera). I built a new cabinet from the lamp table that was where the lift cabinet went and bought a newer camera system.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My plan, once I get a bunch of maintenance stuff done on this teenager RV of mine is to hing mount with struts the main TV and build shelves into the cabinet behidn it for DVD and CD storage. Might as well use the space for something.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times