cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50 AMP power cord

j09789
Explorer
Explorer
My Furrion cord is plugged into a 30 AMP adapter. The male end has the LED blue lights indicating power to the cord. The Furrion inlet on the 5th wheel does not have the blue light lit indicating power to the RV. Wonder what's up, it's a 2018 model.
12 REPLIES 12

j09789
Explorer
Explorer
Microwave works and after disconnecting the battery and also plugging and unplugging the power cord, I have determined the blue light is out on the cover. What a shame! It's a 2018 and we're getting ready to go on our 3rd camping trip!

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
My cord has 2 blue LEDs and the receptacle on the side of the RV has one. None of them work anymore. (RV power is fine)

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
freewayrandy wrote:
So what does it mean if only one blue led is lit? Power on just one leg?

If you are asking me there is only one light on the cover, it just shows there is power to the unit period nothing else. No difference than the little light in the end of some extension cords that shows there is power on the cord.

Go out and take a look at the cover over your 50Amp plug cover on your GD as I'm sure you have the cover as my Reflection. You just see one light.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
So what does it mean if only one blue led is lit? Power on just one leg?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I assume it measures voltage between the hots and with a 30a adapter you have zero volts measured but power s/b fine.

The 30 amp plug provides power to both hot legs otherwise only half of the trailer would have power when at a 30amp pedestal. I have a hard wired PI surge protector and I show 120 on both legs. Sure you still only have 30amps total to the whole trailer.

When mine went out and I was hooked up to my 30amp at my house (have 50amp also but no reason to use it when just plugged in to charge the batteries) after changing it out had blue lamp. The blue just look to see if power is available not voltage on both legs.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 and my blue light stopped working and I had power to the trailer. Called the factory they asked my to send them a picture. I did and got an email back saying new one on its way to me. I had already told them that I would change it out myself. A few days later it arrived and I went out and removed the old one and installed the new one and worked fine.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume it measures voltage between the hots and with a 30a adapter you have zero volts measured but power s/b fine.

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Does the microwave work?
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

j09789
Explorer
Explorer
Only have battery, I think. Had to start charging it.

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
if you do have power in the rv, which you didn't say, then the blue LED is out. They are known to have issues from water getting in.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Indicating no power? But do you have power?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad